Too many medals

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by armchair_jihad, Jul 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Boss

New site takes some getting used to, so far OK apart from my new medal block arrangement making me look like even more of a Walt than I actually am, if you have a moment please tinker as I am sure I am not the only one with this problem

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I think I've already mentioned this, but it's buried deep in the other thread so I can hardly blame you for not finding it. Basically, I agree - everyone looks like a South American dictator. I've actually done quite a lot of work to try and sort this and get the medals always to appear in a set order, but so far I've failed. I will do it shortly.

3. Bizarrely, on the subject of undeserved bling, I notice that the advertising bar on this thread points the reader at a company who are 'Queen's Honours Experts - Let us draft your nomination and increase your chances of success' I never knew such a parasite company existed.

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This one is really bugging me. I've hacked the code and that should change the rank order and amount, but it makes no difference whatsoever. I spent hours on it today on top of more last week. I'm going to have to read the instructions soon!

5. Can I have the jubilee freebie medal on my rack please CO Sir please and my LS&GC for lasting 3 years on ARRSE without getting caught.

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Should now be sorted. It is slightly different than on the old site because first the correct 1 to 5 medals is calculated depending on the number of posts as normal. Then a single donor medal is put on the end.

Shoulder flashes should now be in the correct place after ranks.

I am currently having a reasonably serious 'oh my god what am I doing with my life' moment as I consider the overall importance of that work! Not something that is going to get me an obit in the telegraph that's for sure.

7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Welcome to the mid-life crisis club!!!

(I'm sure that Vicki Woods would vouch for you though!)

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Arrgh! My medals! My beautiful medals!

I rather enjoyed looking like Sir Tinpot Dictatorski VC ITV GHB

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Pah! Shurrup and polish your kilt pin!