Too Fat to Fight

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by ViVictaVis, Jun 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone remember the 'Too Fat to Fight' video? I guess it was circa 1970's?

I can remember a fat kid puffing away on a BFT and being called a 'disgusting bucket of lard'. Hardly PC now but hilarious anyway.

Anyone have a dusty copy in the back of the stores they want to copy or part with?
  2. Was that the film with a very very young David Jason?? I have vague memories of watching it in 1982 as a sprog.
  3. Don't know when it was made, but it was still being shown at Chilwell in 2000. I'm sure there was some bloke made up to look like a pig. Absolute class, it had us rolling in the aisles.
  4. It is incorrect politically to describe recruits as disgusting buckets of lard - even the pig-faced, gut-bursting, obese ones...
  5. yes it is politically incorrect but it is certainly truthful. At the age of 40 I was still passing 17 year old recruits on the BFT circuit (or BPFA) and I am by no means slim as those who know me would agree.
  6. Yes I remember this particular video

The David Jason one was about heat / cold and correct clothing , saw it in March this year for some reaosn
  7. Correct Polar69, He done several for SSVC, early 70,s me thinks.
  8. Not only do I remember the film, I enjoyed it so much, I modelled myself on the characters
  9. I fondly remember the depiction of the alternate use (as a masturbatory aid) for the weight-loss machine belt. :twisted: