• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Tonys Vacation

#1
Ms Blears asks why is everyone so intrigued by the minutiae of our Glorious Leader's rocking vaction chez Gibb. Well, she has quite missed the point.

Hardly anyone at all gives a tuppeny cuss whether he goes to Vancouver or Milton Keynes. What we ALL are concerned about is whether he has been telling lies, again. Why does he find it so difficult to answer a straight question, accurately, at once?

I never, ever thought I would say this or indeed think this but poor, poor, dear Cherie. Imagine...

Mrs Blair:Cereals or eggs for breakfast, Tony?

St Tone:Look I don't want to get tied down by such cosy sound-bite questioning...Well of course, that is not the question, rather you should be asking do I want breakfast and I think I have been quite clear on this, as on other refreshment issues, we need to be tough on cereals and tough on the causes of cereals but without excluding the eggs from an early morning eating scenario..let's not prejudice this by calling it breakfast by the way...

Mrs B: Cook it your bloody self!

Tony
It isn't about the life-style, it isn't about your parting company with socialist values. It's simply about telling the truth, always.
Yours for a happier 2007 (i.e. without you at No 10)
Cuddles
 
#2
Its also about him staying in the home of an individual who is currently petitioning the government for a change in the law that if happened would be of financial benefit to said individual.

When Blair turned up at the Gibbs house Robin said:
"Of all the houses in the world you had to turn up in this one.
Nice one Tone, now about this copyright thingy...."
 
#4
SLRboy said:
Its also about him staying in the home of an individual who is currently petitioning the government for a change in the law that if happened would be of financial benefit to said individual.

When Blair turned up at the Gibbs house Robin said:
"Of all the houses in the world you had to turn up in this one.
Nice one Tone, now about this copyright thingy...."
And Tony said I may be "Guilty" of a "Jive Talkin'" "Holiday" but "I've Gotta Get a Message To You". "Don't Forget To Remember" on the "First Of May" ask not "For Whom The Bell Tolls". :)
 
#5
Cuddles said:
I never, ever thought I would say this or indeed think this but poor, poor, dear Cherie. Imagine...

Mrs Blair:Cereals or eggs for breakfast, Tony?

St Tone:Look I don't want to get tied down by such cosy sound-bite questioning...Well of course, that is not the question, rather you should be asking do I want breakfast and I think I have been quite clear on this, as on other refreshment issues, we need to be tough on cereals and tough on the causes of cereals but without excluding the eggs from an early morning eating scenario..let's not prejudice this by calling it breakfast by the way...

Mrs B: Cook it your bloody self!

Tony
It isn't about the life-style, it isn't about your parting company with socialist values. It's simply about telling the truth, always.
Yours for a happier 2007 (i.e. without you at No 10)
Cuddles
Uncanny! :D
 
#6
I also read (yeah okay it was in THE MAIL), that his hols have cost us, taxpayers, over £20,000 as he has taken his full staff of 10 with him and we have to pay for all their accom/flights/food etc.........if its true.... :x :x
 
#9
Cuddles said:
Ms Blears asks why is everyone so intrigued by the minutiae of our Glorious Leader's rocking vaction chez Gibb. Well, she has quite missed the point.Cuddles
Absolutely not! Ms Blears has fully understood - and chosen to ignore - the point, as always.
 
#11
Unsworth said:
Cuddles said:
Ms Blears asks why is everyone so intrigued by the minutiae of our Glorious Leader's rocking vaction chez Gibb. Well, she has quite missed the point.Cuddles
Absolutely not! Ms Blears has fully understood - and chosen to ignore - the point, as always.
Point of order, if Ms Blears has understood then this is a first, not an "always"...

A further update claims that paying for the holiday was not a target but an aspiration. Moreover the Prime minister has stated that as soon as he is back from his holiday, he will not rest until those responsible for this holiday have been tracked down. Mr blair added that he looked on holidays as the result of deeper and much woolier issues that he might or might not be interested in dealing with if his time in office allows. The PM said "Obviously I'm a short-timer now and frankly I'm soo short I can't see over my boots..."
 
#12
Did anyone else get faintly excited when they heard that his plane had over-run the runway on landing? :D Followed by a mild disappointment and a slight tinge of guilt when the rest of the story came on and it seemed he was still alive.
 
#13
Yup. Well except for the guilt at the end part and being more than just 'slightly' disappointed. I really do wish that the man would just drop dead of a heart attack soonest. Well I can hope can't I?
 
#14
civvygit said:
SLRboy said:
Its also about him staying in the home of an individual who is currently petitioning the government for a change in the law that if happened would be of financial benefit to said individual.

When Blair turned up at the Gibbs house Robin said:
"Of all the houses in the world you had to turn up in this one.
Nice one Tone, now about this copyright thingy...."
And Tony said I may be "Guilty" of a "Jive Talkin'" "Holiday" but "I've Gotta Get a Message To You". "Don't Forget To Remember" on the "First Of May" ask not "For Whom The Bell Tolls". :)
THIS WAY SIR....YOUR COAT!!!!! :wink:
 
#16
UN post for Blairs' holiday host starts new cronyism row!

At least its not one of the Bee Gees :D

It is one of the UN’s top jobs, making Sir John Holmes the most senior British official at the organisation...Sir John, who used to be Mr Blair’s principal private secretary, has twice hosted the Blair family on private holidays after Mr Blair appointed him Ambassador to Portugal.
SO1 Manning and Records if you post me to Oz you can come and stay with me! Just make a charitable donation to ABF or SSAFA! :wink:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2528929,00.html
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#17
It is one of the UN’s top jobs, making Sir John Holmes the most senior British official at the organisation...
And I thought he'd died of AIDS.

Sir John, who used to be Mr Blair’s principal private secretary, has twice hosted the Blair family on private holidays after Mr Blair appointed him Ambassador to Portugal.
Ah, that explains a lot, he's got Hearing AIDS...


...from listening to a fcuking arsehole.
 
#18
Auld-Yin said:
I often wonder why he never asks to stay in my salubrious pad?
I'm sure there are a few vacant Officers Quarters in Cyprus, and one or two other sunny places!!! Never had this problem with Harold Wilson (Scilly Ilses), Ted Heath (Sailing) or Maggie (Somewhere nice at an English seaside resort). But I suppose that would be far too plain and economical to the British Taxpayer who has to foot the protection bill!!!
 

Latest Threads