Tony's crony to be MI6 chief

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, May 6, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

From the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3689779.stm

John Scarlett, the man responsible for the comedy WMD dossier, has been appointed head of MI6.

In a masterly stroke of understatement, the Tories called the appointment 'inappropriate'.

Bliar will be changing his name to Saud next.....

2. I am so glad I am due out very shortly...days to do!

I never want to have anything to do with this government or it's apparatus ever again. I will be join the bearded lefties on the protest against the next war, as we will simply be unable to believe anything presented to us as intelligence or security ever again. I am getting to the stage where I am ashamed of my uniform because of our disastrous intervention, based on lies and embellishments, in support of a rogue state that has killed more people every month than Saddam or sanctions ever did, and is now torturing with impunity. :evil:

Ahh.....that feels better! :)

3. Totally laughable appointment. Cronyism at it's worse.

We all know how that dossier got put together and those in the know are aware of where in the chain the 'exaggeration' was put in.

I take it that no one would dare suggest that he had not be exactly 'forthcoming' with the House committee investigating the claims. No? Didn't think there would be. :?

4. Two words: ARRSE holes! :evil:

5. I don't think the LegoLanders are going to take this with a smile , I really don't.

Stand by for all sorts of interesting stories in the Press in coming weeks.