Tony Curtis dies

To be honest I thought he pegged it years ago!

Given all the shagging, it's going to take 3 days for his arse to stop going up and down....

For me, his most memorable line was, "Yonder is de castle of my fadduh" in The Vikings but he was brilliant in Some Like it Hot (as was Marilyn Monroe).

Among the last of the Hollywood greats. Not bad for someone originally called Bernard Schwartz who rose from a poor immigrant family in the Bronx. He also served in the USMC during the war.

No I'm spartacus!

The defiant ones. Been copied many times but never bettered

RIP then Bernie Schwartz
You'll be forever in our thoughts
You passed away today, it's clear
But your wig will live on for many a year.

Of course he didn't appear in the paedo remake, "Some Like A Tot."
Great one that mate..........nearly choked on a Co-op pork pie I'm having for lunch. Tony was a great actor though RIP.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ed, your yoof betrays you......Spartacus was Kirk 'The Cleft' Douglas...as any fule kno. An inauspicious beginning to your rule as Leader of Ye Olde Labour Partiye if I may say .....

RIP Tony Curtis thobut.....

Amongst the many roles for which he became famous ( ' Some like it Hot' with Marilyn Monroe, Trapeze opposite Burt Lancaster and Eyetie eyeful Gina Lollobrigida and , er, The Persuaders with Roger Moore etc etc )
he also played the title role in 'The Boston Strangler' - for which IIRC he was nominated for an Oscar - and a 60's Civil Rights B&W jailbreak movie called 'The Defiant Ones' (as mentioned above) chained to Sidney Poitier for the duration.....steady Jarrod.....

They remade it for TV recently....I understand it wasn't a patch on the original ! Well, no coon-hounds for a start.....

When the stars of your childhood have all left the stage, it's a sad day.

You wait kids....before you can turn around you'll be reading obits for those creepy kids in Twilight and 'Sk1ns' and thinking ........sh1t was that REALLY forty years ago ?.

Oh.....and that Gina moment for our younger listeners.....

Don ' El Cineast' Cabra
from the darkness of the 27th row, mackintosh neatly folded.

Ed, your yoof betrays you......Spartacus was Kirk 'The Cleft' Douglas...as any fule kno. An inauspicious beginning to your rule as Leader of Ye Olde Labour Partiye if I may say .....
Indeed it was but Tony Curtis was the first to shout "I'm Spartacus" after Kirk Douglas announced himself as Spartacus.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Fair one.....long time since I saw the original......I withdraw my earlier remarks with regard to the Hon member for Boring'em Cum Rigid