Tony Cryans RIP

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by stevie_r, Nov 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tony Cryans passed away last month. I note that he doesn't appear in the last post of the RSA so I can only presume he wasn't a member.

Tony was a Combat Powerman Cpl at Langy, 14 sigs in the early 80s and was my block Cpl as a young siggy. Not averse to delivering a good kick up the bahooky when deserved he was a true gent, thoroughly decent bloke albeit hidden behind his gruff Weegie exterior.

On leaving the Regular Army Tony joined 32 and latterly served as the NRPS MT Sgt.

Rest In Peace mate
  2. May he Rest In Peace. A fellow Weegie!
  3. a maryhill weegie to boot!
  4. RIP mate from yet another weegie..
  5. I knew Tony at 32 Sigs TA in Glasgow and can confirm he had a gruff exterior but was genuinley good bloke.

RIP Tony
  6. skibum give me a clue as to who you are
  7. I knew Tony from my time at 32. Wasn't he the MT Sgt? Sad news: he could be a bolshie bugger, but he was sound as a pound and a good supporter of the Regiment.

editted to add: missed your comment stevie.r ref he was the NRPS MT Sgt.
  8. Stevie,

The only TE Tech in a unit with no TE Equipment!

Did recruit training for a while...

If that aint enough PM me...!

9. Didnt know Tony personally but i popped up the 32 Sigs to borrow some kit when the boys were practicing for his send off. Sad, sad time.

RIP Tony.
  10. Rest in Peace Tony, you were certainly one of the most memorable SNCOs from my time at 32 :)