• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tony Butler faces the sack

I was linked to this article in the sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007150122,00.html

Go to the bottom and you will see this,
· BBC presenter Tony Butler faces the sack after saying Faye Turney deserved to be decapitated in Iran.
Have I missed something or are the sun now contributing to BBC retirement funds?

I can not find any corroborating info on this.

edited to add link :oops:

I read about this somewhere - apparently he was ranting about women in the forces on local radio (anyone know where?) and said it served her right if she were decapitated!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell is Tony Butler and why should we care?

have sent a strongly worded e-mail to BBC radio complaints department about this nobody head.

Twist_To_Open said:
have sent a strongly worded e-mail to BBC radio complaints department about this nobody head.
Did you actually hear the show in question and if so what did he say?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Twist_To_Open said:
Freudian slip ?

Do we have any HARD confirmation he actually made these remarks?

oldbaldy

LE
PartTimePongo said:
Do we have any HARD confirmation he actually made these remarks?
From a casual glance in the London 'Metro' newspaper, it appears that he did indeed remark on the young Navy mother and her capture in particular on his radio talk-in show. He has since apologised unreservedly to the families concerned according to the feature. The article expanded that he is not new to controversy. Allegedly, he had a sharp exchange of views with a wheel-chair user earlier in the year.

He has to lose his job -

BBC presenter Tony Butler had his own views about the kidnapping of the brave Shropshire-born mum.

He told Radio WM listeners: "If she gets her head chopped off, it will serve her right."

I suggest that everybody should start complaining

This Jihadist fcuk must go.

I have just written a very angry complaint to the BBC about this mans total disregard of the work females do in the forces. I also ended it on a nice note saying that if he isn't sacked I will be issuing a complaint against Mr Butler and the BBC for a breach of human righst discrimination legislation.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Will you issue it ?

Latest Threads