Tony Butler faces the sack

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by offog, Apr 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was linked to this article in the sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007150122,00.html

Go to the bottom and you will see this,
    Have I missed something or are the sun now contributing to BBC retirement funds?

I can not find any corroborating info on this.

edited to add link :oops:

2. I read about this somewhere - apparently he was ranting about women in the forces on local radio (anyone know where?) and said it served her right if she were decapitated!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Who the hell is Tony Butler and why should we care?

4. Unfortunately the only info I could find comes from the Mirror:

Linkage

Not much to go on though.

5. This Page has a link to one of his shows.

Tony Butler

6. have sent a strongly worded e-mail to BBC radio complaints department about this nobody head.

7. Did you actually hear the show in question and if so what did he say?

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Freudian slip ?

9. Have we a confirmed identity for this little turd yet, pref with a locstat so we can send him our opinions of his remarks?

10. Do we have any HARD confirmation he actually made these remarks?

11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

12. From a casual glance in the London 'Metro' newspaper, it appears that he did indeed remark on the young Navy mother and her capture in particular on his radio talk-in show. He has since apologised unreservedly to the families concerned according to the feature. The article expanded that he is not new to controversy. Allegedly, he had a sharp exchange of views with a wheel-chair user earlier in the year.

13. He has to lose his job -

BBC presenter Tony Butler had his own views about the kidnapping of the brave Shropshire-born mum.

He told Radio WM listeners: "If she gets her head chopped off, it will serve her right."

I suggest that everybody should start complaining

This Jihadist fcuk must go.