Tony Blair's son Euan aims to be Labour MP

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
what will that mong ever know about struggling to pay bills and make the rent, or even god forbid just having to hold down an ordinary job.

some animals really are more equal than others.

what will that mong ever know about struggling to pay bills and make the rent, or even god forbid just having to hold down an ordinary job.
So he's pretty well qualified to take on the role then.

UK politics descends into nepotism and patronage? Tell me it ain't so...

Should keep labour out of the seats on the other side of the commons for a while longer so it isn't all bad i suppose.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not aiming very high then, is he?

Well, they destroyed the hereditary system in the House of Lords, so it is no surprise that they plan to introduce it to the Commons. It is a natural step from the creation of a small coterie of favoured candidates from the same background, with the same degree in PPE and the same lack of experience in the real world, to dispense with any pretence that candidacy is open to anyone and just start giving seats to the kids or friends of the party faithful.

Well thank goodness the HoC is getting rid of the house of lords; all those people getting a seat in the legislature by accident of birth or marriage, whatever next?

Not like nice Hilary Benn, or Peter Mandelson, or milord Viscount Anthony Wedgewood-Benn's grand daughter, or Mrs Harman's husband Jack Dromey, or the Coopers, Yvette and husband, or the Milibands, or Nicholas Soames.

Hereditary privelege? Knock it on the head at once.

There'll be a safe seat for him, all women short lists? I think we can dispense with them in this instance.
It'll be one of Labour's much publicised special selection committees, i.e. central party HQ meeting in secret and annointing the 'preferred' candidate.

Latest Threads