Tony Blair wins Liberty Medal.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mazur_UK, Jun 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'Carlsberg don't do irony...'
  2. Well fair enough I suppose, the cnut was always taking liberties.
  3. Fuck my old boots - there's ironic for you (Excognito - note how I got it in again!)
  4. What he said. With added dancing girls and the Trinidad and Tobago Steel Drum Band.
  5. The National Constitution Center announced today that Tony Blair will receive the 2010 Liberty Medal in recognition of his steadfast commitment to conflict resolution. President Bill Clinton, Chair of the National Constitution Center, will award the prestigious medal to former Prime Minister Blair at a public ceremony on Monday, September 13, 2010 at the National Constitution Center (NCC) on Independence Mall in Historic Philadelphia.

Yes, he was really good at "conflict resolution" wasn't he. :roll:

BTW, when did Clinton get re-elected?
  6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Odd, that this should happen on the same day that the Iraq Inquiry released the 'original' version of the Legal Advice from the AG to Blair before the war. Read it - it's clear to all what the advice was:

What will be VERY interesting is what later versions look like - and the justifications for the changes....

World Peace? My arrse....
  7. Wonderful news that a well-loved son of Britain and such a talented man can continue to reap the rewards of his outstanding intellect, honesty and commitment to peace.

The Liberty Medal will go well with the $1m Dan David prize for leadership that he received at a ceremony at Tel Aviv university in 2009, a prize awarded for "achievements having an outstanding scientific, technological, cultural or social impact on our world."

Hopefully the Wide Mouthed Frog will win next year's Miss World Contest.
  8. Perhaps Guy Smiley can wear his Liberty medal stood next to a lad who actually earned his award, preferably one wearing a TELIC gong, he did send him there after all! That way he can see who merits their medal most...The fcuking shitwad :oops:
  9. Blair - the man who writes his own legend and attempts to live up to it God Bless him. Utterly meaninless to the people that Alastair Campbell has yet to meet.
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Dosen't he keep the title President for life?
  11. Well... It was bound to happen.... It's for sucking up to the Uber-Riche and Uber-Famous..... a spokesperson for the Sainted Teflon said he was going to donate the $100,000-00 dollars that comes with the medal to 2 of his favourite charities..... Oh I do wonder what they are....?? :pukel: :cyclopsani:

Maybe the 'Campaign To Stop Cyclops from Out-Famousing, Famous Tony' :sleepy: :slow:

(all alleged of course... :p )
  12. Oh, come on, let's be fair to the man.

Obviously, nobody can make any contribution whatever to "conflict resolution" unless someone, somewhere, thoughtfully provides a conflict or two to begin with.

The achievement of Sanctimonious Tone in this regard is surely unmatched. He is what we call a "strategic enabler". No other PM in my lifetime has succeeded in getting the UK involved in not just one, but two, land wars in Asia.

And if he hasn't sorted out the whole of that Israel/Palestine thing, then I'm sure he would have done were it not for a number of pressing speaking engagements.

All the best,

14. what next?, paedo's receiving a mbe for services to the youth?