Tony Blair - will never get charged for war crimes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bitterandtwisted, Dec 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He's not called "Teflon Tony" for nothing ...

2. Without a shadow doubt, the truest thread title on ARRSE - ever!

3. After NI you'd have thought they'd have learned not to trust cab drivers

4. Agree'd,

I certainly hope the Iraq panel rip right into him :x

The trouble is TT have will be well prepared for his forthcoming grilling :roll:

5. He's married to a QC, of course he will get away with it.

6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Waking up with Cherie Blair on top of you every morning for the rest of your life or a War Crimes trial.....mmm, not an easy choice....

7. War crimes, laugh, some of you guys should try growing up. Where do you yet this tosh from?

International law is a international joke once you get past individuals doing unpleasant things to individuals in a fairly direct manner. Like all law it's a matter of interpretation and argument, it is not black and white, this is what keeps lawyers in business. Furthermore any related legal advice will reflect this uncertainty, it'll be caveated to buggery with ifs and buts so that everybody can have any honestly held belief of the legality of their actions that they fancy.

8. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Not an easy choice? I'd be down to the Hague in a flash and no mistake! He's Catholic now, so unlike incarceration you don't get time off for good behavior or poor health!

9. From a cabbie? :D

*sniff* " I 'ad that chemical Ali in the back of the cab last week, an' 'e said they could mallet Cyprus within 45 minutes, no snags...."

10. FFS, I need some bleach to scrub my minds eye. :dead:

11. Tony Blair is a c*nt there's no doubt about it, but we deposed a dangerous and genecidal maniac and got some lovely oil in the bargain as well. Job well done if you ask me. Than again I had no involvement in Iraq whatsoever so I lack the knowledge and experience to judge matters.

12. Had a letter from Irwin Mitchell about the families & veterans giving evidence, "or the lack of it"

they are taking out a legal challenge against the enquiry so that we can also give evidence.

Likelihood of success Slim
    Likelihood of TB getting a stuffing from the enquiry, non :x

13. My bold - if that is so he'll better appreciate that one day he'll stand before his God to answer for his actions. No amount of wigs and gowns will influence that judgement.

14. One of the richest men in the UK charged with war crimes.......................... well yes it should happen but very unlikely!