Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Blair: 'We didn't cause Iraq crisis'

brokerboy

War Hero
The "Dossiers" were the most fatuous, badly written pieces of drivel I have ever read. Full of "Quarter" truths and poor speculation the whole thing stank of Campbell.
Terms like "COULD have the ability" and "MAY be able to!"
I can only imagine the whole puerile exercise was designed to scare the Sun readers into picking up their pitchforks and flaming torches and baying for war.

For me it was an illustration of how little respect those in power had for the intellect of the electorate.

I for one would love to see Blair, Brown and Bush answer for this debacle.

In NINETEEN EIGHTY THREE a friend of mine was saved by the chest plate in his INIBA which stopped an AK 47 round on the Blaney road outside Crossmaglen!

Twenty years later our troops were deployed into a shooting war with LESS PROTECTION!

What.
The.
F**k?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Was he a coldstreamer ? I saw the picture if it was him , we did the next winter tour there. in 83/84 and the picture was up in the int cell.

KIWIACORN

Swinger
Not only is he an odious, despicable man, he has sadly diminished the UK's credibility and influence in the Middle East. US led invasion of Iraq, drone attacks, tolerance of Saudi Govt, Israeli illegal settlements and WP artillery barrages in Gaza = the West are seen as the bad guys. And as UK has not stood up more strongly against this crap = UK status diminished. And it goes back decades - don't forget lack of US support when Iranians seized UK refinery etc.

He also gave in to terrorism. Tried to backtrack when real terror hit the US by implication that the "Shinners" and Adair crowd weren't really terrorists and the problems were really down to the British Army which had to be investigated at great cost and publicity. History will be the judge.

lecky

War Hero
Most Iraqi's I speak to of all persuasions would curse Saddam's name, but have him back in a heartbeat compared to what they have now.
"Saddam kept the shit down."
Blair and others lifted the lid.
Now we've all got freckles.

Was he a coldstreamer ? I saw the picture if it was him , we did the next winter tour there. in 83/84 and the picture was up in the int cell.
Yep. And still doing well.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

As I understand it the UK picks up the tab for his offices, both in London and the Middle East and his close protection team (although we would have been protecting him by virtue of his Ex PM role).

If any of his CP team are ex Mill how the hell do they sleep at night ? or would they look the other way for a few vital seconds should someone have a pop at him......

Latest Threads