Tony Blair Watch.

NSP

LE
Not quite. The so-called "Quartet" consisting of the UN, the USA, the EU and Russia appointed him Middle East Special Envoy on the day he resigned as PM.
The former pres of the World Bank held the title before him and Blair resigned the post in 2015 and it's now held by a Dutchman.
Ah, right - it was just being the Almighty, purveyor of peace and justice, that he self-titled himself as then. And, as hazy memories clear, his efforts to secure a lasting peace basically boiled down to touting as his own work a plan thought up by the local leaderships and tidied up by the World Bank. Still, why not? - he has form, what with it being a similar premise to how he single-handedly brought peace to Northern Ireland, so it is.

(He's still a self aggrandising prick, though).
See first paragraph...

Offa

War Hero
If I remember rightly the walting cunt wasn't actually a formally (or even informally) accredited envoy for anything, let alone peace.

He was entirely self-appointed to, and self-aggrandising in, that role, the glory-hunting prick.
exbleep, you beat me to it - but I've started so I'll finish: Blair was appointed as Peace Envoy by the 'Quartet' - UN, USA, Russia and EU. Always a controversial appointment, especially as he made the announcement just after he stood down as PM and just before he announced he was quitting as an MP. The behaviour of an arrogant, power crazed prick who appears more unhinged with every new stunt. And the taxpayers are still paying for his close protection.

During his eight years as Peace Envoy he was heavily criticised for favouring Israel over Palestine, so no place in current anti-semitic, pro-Hamas Labour party for him. During that time he was also criticised for his organisation accepting millions from UAE while at the same time wooing US Jewish lobby. Only a special type of person could do that - there are not enough expletives to accurately describe how special. He sorted his bank balance out, not the Middle East
Has there ever been a blow-by-blow study of Blair’s finances? Because IIRC he became a multi-millionaire whilst he was still PM.
I would hope that any Prime Minister of this country would have the nous, intellect and drive to become wealthy, independent of their political career. But Blair more than most seems to have taken advantage of the opportunities afforded him by political office to enhance his personal standing.
That isn’t to imply any wrong-doing, more like playing a game to the letter, rather than the spirit, of its laws.

Tony Blair watch?

I'm guessing it's like a Mickey Mouse watch, only more bent.

Tony Blair is also famous for being the first tory leader of the labour party.

desert_rat

Old-Salt
I've watched Tony Blair in his recent interviews and what I noticed he is psychologically breaking down. Ever so slowly and ever so subtly. He still thinks he's relevant to British politics and doesn't accept his legacy is infamy in history.

He made a huge error of judgement when it came to Iraq and unless he can confess to himself and his Creator the enormity his wilful mistake, he will inevitably psychologically deteriorate. It's a shallow faith indeed if he isn't convicted of his sin and doesn't offer restitution in repentance. Giving away his money and withdrawing to a silent order mortifying himself for the rest of his life would be a good start.

L
I've watched Tony Blair in his recent interviews and what I noticed he is psychologically breaking down. Ever so slowly and ever so subtly. He still thinks he's relevant to British politics and doesn't accept his legacy is infamy in history.

He made a huge error of judgement when it came to Iraq and unless he can confess to himself and his Creator the enormity his wilful mistake, he will inevitably psychologically deteriorate. It's a shallow faith indeed if he isn't convicted of his sin and doesn't offer restitution in repentance. Giving away his money and withdrawing to a silent order mortifying himself for the rest of his life would be a good start.
Hopefully he can think about about it while in prison for War Crimes

Convert to Catholicism in 2007.

Only to please the EU so he could be EU leader..
Indeed. And when asked for his views on abortion, contraception and the divine right of the Pope, said "well of course, a lot of this is ahhh, well you know, you ahhh you can take it or leave it and Cherie and I etc etc etc...." For which Bishop Brennan gave his bottom a harsh spanking. I wonder if he's still a regular attendee at Mass or maybe he just decided to leave that alone after the initial press coverage. And if he ever went to Confession.... do MI5 have a friendly priest on the payroll??

.......That isn’t to imply any wrong-doing, more like playing a game to the letter, rather than the spirit, of its laws.
I've always maintained that the difference between politicians in 1st and 3rd world countries is that in 1st world the systems allows it's politicians to be "legally" corrupt.

I'd hardly call Blair a Priest, let alone a monk. He might just be a AN4L Bishop, but I'm told been that they have standards too. Still it's rather funny to think he may have been cuckolded by Berlusconi.
Foc

Is the messiah tony of blair going to rise from the ashes to lead the country to a better life after brexit.
Be knighted, given an earldom and then sainthood to be st tony of brexit?

I've always maintained that the difference between politicians in 1st and 3rd world countries is that in 1st world the systems allows it's politicians to be "legally" corrupt.
Maybe it’s because ours are usually fairly restrained- or have the appearance of being so; the obvious autobiography and its associated book tour; the odd non-executive directorship; maybe a lecture tour; some charity stuff; yadda yadda.
Maybe the difference with Blair was his relative youth. Most of his predecessors had stepped straight from No. 10 into semi or permanent retirement, Blair was still producing offspring- with the imperative to earn that brings with it.
Although he’s somewhat torn the arse.

Offa

War Hero
Has there ever been a blow-by-blow study of Blair’s finances? Because IIRC he became a multi-millionaire whilst he was still PM.
I would hope that any Prime Minister of this country would have the nous, intellect and drive to become wealthy, independent of their political career. But Blair more than most seems to have taken advantage of the opportunities afforded him by political office to enhance his personal standing.
That isn’t to imply any wrong-doing, more like playing a game to the letter, rather than the spirit, of its laws.
Blair Inc. - The Man Behind The Mask (2015) edited by Marcela Kunova. When he left office he established a network of offshore accounts and trusts, surrounded by massive secrecy. He abused his position as Middle East Peace Envoy promoting his own business interests, including advising dictators (£8M a year from Kazakhstan), a contract with Kuwait for £27M awarded for dislodging Saddam...and there's much much more. Surprisingly, his amoral money-grubbing has made him a pariah among EU heads of state. His wrong-doing is implicit - worth reading the book. He is a bigger (insert appropriate expletives) than thought possible.

Blair Inc. - The Man Behind The Mask (2015) edited by Marcela Kunova. When he left office he established a network of offshore accounts and trusts, surrounded by massive secrecy. He abused his position as Middle East Peace Envoy promoting his own business interests, including advising dictators (£8M a year from Kazakhstan), a contract with Kuwait for £27M awarded for dislodging Saddam...and there's much much more. Surprisingly, his amoral money-grubbing has made him a pariah among EU heads of state. His wrong-doing is implicit - worth reading the book. He is a bigger (insert appropriate expletives) than thought possible.
He also abolished death by treason. No idea why

Anybody else suspect he’s the one who advised the EU to blow the border issue out of all proportion?
Absolutely. The European ‘elite’, most of whom are either unelected, or ex Politicians on lucrative second ‘careers’ within the EU collective, no doubt speak regularly to each other and are inevitably influenced by like minded voices, such as Blair. Despite appearances, I reckon he’s still inside the EU tent and his grubby fingerprints are all over the backstop debacle.
What a loathsome toad he is.

Latest Threads