Tony Blair PM - minus 3 days and counting...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ABrighter2006, Mar 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The general consensus appears to be that Tony Blair will stand down as Prime Minister sometime in the next six or seven weeks, after the local council elections.

So, after ten years of Blair's leadership, and the much vaunted "exit tour" that he's about to embark on, how will you remember his leadership?
  2. Tough on honesty, tough on the causes of honesty.
  3. Yep, considering that he came in on the "no sleaze and total honesty card".
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Sooner the better. Have you noticed that Police have gone v quiet on the Cash for Peerages issue? I hope and pray it is because they are waiting until he is out of office before they arrest his arrse.
  5. Toughest job in PR at the moment, must be to design his "leaving tour agenda" without leaving him exposed to the many legacy areas that he really will be remembered for.

What do other ARRSEr's think Blair will be remembered for?
  6. What will be his total No. of days as PM, compared to Maggie T, at that point? I haven't een able to work it out. (only good with numbers up to 1,2,3-ONE!)

Possibly by looking at pictures of imprisoned Naval personnel, alongside stories of the refusal of our Allies to help secure their release - the most recent symptom of the damage this man has done to British interests at home and abroad.

Most likely, however, it will be with reference to the "Yo, B'liar" line that marked the point at which the British PM came out of the closet as the poodle of an American chimp.
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

How about changing that to 'yo, prisoner 34567453'.

I'm hoping it will be 51 days and counting before they drag his sorry excuse for an ex-pm to jail.
  8. Hopefully the best is yet to come. Blair could yet become the first PM to be prosecuted for crimes committed in office.
  9. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I'll be happy either way
  10. Thatcher became Prime Minister on 4 May 1979 and quit on 22 Nov 1990-
    Total of 4221 days.

Blair became Prime Minister on 2 May 1997 not gone yet so a total of 3621 days as of today.

1,2 many lots :?
  11. I'll remember him as the worst thing to happen to the Army since Gallipoli and the worst thing to happen to the nation since the Black Death.

And for much the same reasons.
  12. The man who ordered his side kick Attorney General to sharpen up his legal advice so he could order his Chiefs of Staff to launch an invasion for a made up reason that is widely believed to be illegal. In doing so he ignored the opinions of the British people and sullied the name of this great nation. His decision has led to the destabilisation of the Middle East and greatly endangered the British people at home. His failure to support his Armed Forces has led to scores of this nation's finest being killed unnecessarily. And now we witness a 21st Century nuclear arms race caused by the disastrous policy of the UK and US. His final legacy will probably be a nuclear war.
  13. Well said Nige.

I'll be interested to see the "legacy tour" or whatever else his spin doctors are dresssing it up as. The prospect of Blair being door stepped on every public outing he makes, by soldiers' partners, disgruntled pensioners, anti-war protesters and just about anyone else, will make for some of the best / worse imagery of the year - depending on how you look at it. I can imagine that apart from the loyal few, there must be few MP's who will want to be seen with him, for the fear of damage by association.

It could be a lonely few weeks for Blair - hopefully.
  14. And Stonker (without wishing to move onto debating the current situation) you are spot on regarding the hostage situation.