Tony Blair: Immigration Has Been Good for Britain

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by JoeCivvie, Dec 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So that's OK then.

Although he does seem to have conveniently forgotten about this bit:

Labour wanted mass immigration to make UK more multicultural, says former adviser

Labour threw open Britain's borders to mass immigration to help socially engineer a "truly multicultural" country, a former Government adviser has revealed.
  2. He really is a shit from the Premier Division of shits!
    • Like Like x 10
  3. Blair (and the Labour party for that matter) is a traitor and dedicated to destroying the British way of life. The sooner he relinquishes British citizenship the better, sadly I can't see that happening.

I also can't see how he can defend himself, I could have sworn he admitted the multiculturalism experiment was a failure not so long ago.
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Tony Blair: Immigration Has Been Good for the legal professionals of Britain.

What he may actually have been thinking.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tony has been accused of Lying before...
  6. I'm surprised anyone in the media cares what a failed and disgraced ex-politician like Blair has to say.
  7. So am I - but I wish I could make as much money spouting b******s as he has
  8. Dear me......who would have thought that he would tell a porky?
  9. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

You shouldn't be. He's always good for a self-serving headline. That's gold from a news editor's perspective.

I'm more surprised that anyone on here should be surprised that he's unrepentant. The man doesn't do wrong.

The truth is that mass inward immigration causes an outflow of wealth. So we got lots of good Polish plumbers and builders? If we stopped pursuing the ludicrous idea of having half our kids go to uni - itself a fudge to hide youth unemployment - the country could be self-sufficient in artisans.

But that would undermine and highlight another of Labour's policies/failures - that fit-for-purpose knowledge economy they kept going on about...
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Well it's certainly been good for various national sports teams. Where would England rugby and cricket be if they had to rely on native born English players?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I think it would be easier to identify the times when he has told the truth, it would take you less time!

12. Perhaps he would like to come and live in west London for a few months.
  13. Lets be honest Jimmy Saville has more mates than the Bliar man, but be warned he hasnt gone away, he'll be back in one form or another, be ready for his re-incarnation.
  14. Is he feeling vulnerabl since the recent revelations from new, new liebour?