Tonne Up

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by sappagirl, May 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

Could someone tell me how a tonne up works? Did one quite some time ago but can't for the life of me remember how it works, how many reps you do etc.
    Any one got a good tonne up circuit they can suggest please?
  2. Never heard of it sorry!
  3. Have only ever done this once in a battle PT session about 3 years ago so memory may be slightly hazy but IIRC it involves marking 2 lines 25m apart and bodyweight exercises.

Basically you start at the first line do 1 pressup, get up and run to the second line. Once at the second line do 2 sit-ups and run back to the first line, do 3 squat see where this is going. You do this until the total reps of whatever youre doing at the line is 10 go back to 9 then 8 etc down to 1. The total reps when you have finished is 100 hence tonne-up. Actual exercises at each line can be changed to whatever you want.

edited to add- short version- its a pyramid set to 10 with shuttle runs between sets. :D
  4. Tonne up? Just eat McDonalds, that'll add a couple of tonne.
  5. Tonne can be with any exercise you start small and increase reps like so :-

3 push ups
    5 sit ups
    1 burpee etc

you will do them in that order with maybe a short sprint in between then go back to the start and do

4 push ups
    6 sit ups
    2 burpees

etc then go up to say 15 reps and start again.
  6. Sundance- that's along the lines i was thinking. I thought it was start at 10, work your way down to 1. Then go again but the exercise you did 10 of you dont do?
    Not sure!!
    I just see it as a good circuit to do on non run days.
  7. You can vary it depending on the total number of reps you want to do and also depending in whether you want to do a full or half pyramid. For example of you go from 1-10 and back thats 100, if you just go from 1-10 (or 10-1) thats 55 total.

Also it depends on wether you want to do the full amount of 1 exercise then move on to another or mix it up as you go. At the end of the day a circuit is a circuit and its just a way to keep it interesting. :wink:
  8. Tonne up that i know is....

List of exercise for example

1. Press-ups x10
    2. Step-ups x10
    3. Squats x10
    4. Sit-ups x 10
    5. Lunges x10
    6. Leg Raises x10
    7. High Jumps x10
    8. Dips x10
    9. Long Jumps x10
    10. Burpees x10

Then you use the following routine.

Exercise 1, 1 lap of gym (about 50m)
    Exercise 1+2, 2 laps of gym
    Exercise 1+2+3, 3 laps of gym
    Exercise 1+2+3+4, 4 laps of gym

and so on until you reach
    Exercise 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10, 10 laps of gym.

Any exercises you want can be used in the exercise list.

Also if using it on a group easily adaptable, weaker/stronger members can adjust the number of reps.
  9. that looks horrible

On a side note I thought the thread starter wanted to 'tone up'