Tonight's upgrade

If you're using Chrome would you mind sending a PM with an image to Bad CO as a test please?

It doesn't work for me in either Firefox or Chrome.
Just tried, I have no option to upload an image in PMs (but does work in the cookery thread) and attempting to paste an URL didn't work as an image. It would accept the URL as a link though.

Edit - browser is new Firefox, can't do it in Chrome as I've forgotten my password and rely on the saved logins.

Kirkz

LE
I don't think you could ever upload a pic in PM's
Probably to stop @CivvyLurker and @Bad CO sending cock shots to each other.

Just tried, I have no option to upload an image in PMs (but does work in the cookery thread) and attempting to paste an URL didn't work as an image. It would accept the URL as a link though.

Edit - browser is new Firefox, can't do it in Chrome as I've forgotten my password and rely on the saved logins.
Similar to me. Images in PMs have always had to be applied by URL but now, when clicking on 'insert', nothing happens.

You could by URL but not by uploading directly. I'd send a personal one to you too if I was able but this will have to do.

The Mongolian version is amusing as well

NSP

LE
Stuck between a cock and a hard (on) place?
I did a job in the northern end of the Persian Gulf for NIOC in the early noughties. I was caught between Iraq and a hard place.

Uber, you say...?

By the by, is it possible to set the default view in the pop-up where you see who has "reacted" to a post to be the "All" tab rather than the tab for whichever flavour of reaction you happened to click/tap on, please, @Good CO @Bad CO ??

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you're using Chrome would you mind sending a PM with an image to Bad CO as a test please?

It doesn't work for me in either Firefox or Chrome.
I've sent you a test image (steady everyone) but have you tried using the IMG tags rather than the insert function?

I've sent you a test image (steady everyone) but have you tried using the IMG tags rather than the insert function?
Responded in PM, but for the benefit of anyone else who may have a similar issue, manually typing the tags works if you use an uploader and not a link copied directly from the image - {img}https://i.vgy.me/s1bdoE.jpg{/img} for example, but with square brackets instead of curly ones.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tapatalk, a few problems:-
1) Still getting double images on a post
2) Now getting posts from a couple of hours back appearing after the latest posts
3) Pages arent catching up, ie the post count states (for example) 31.250, the count next to it will read 31243 out of 31,250.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I never could get on with Tapatalk before the changes!

Bad CO

Admin
Tapatalk, a few problems:-
1) Still getting double images on a post
2) Now getting posts from a couple of hours back appearing after the latest posts
3) Pages arent catching up, ie the post count states (for example) 31.250, the count next to it will read 31243 out of 31,250.

Unfortunately tapatalk is a bit of a law unto itself and very difficult to access their support. ARRSE works very well on mobile browsers so that is what I'd recommend you use.

Bad CO

Admin
For images in Conversations/PMs then a few points:
  • You can't upload images for PMS. This is to prevent our hard disk getting filled up with cock shots
  • If you use the URL option then the image will only appear if it fits within the acceptable parameters for images on the site (cuirrently max 2048 kB & 5000 x 4000 pixels).
  • Some browser extensions interfere with functionality which may prevent this working

Nothing important.

I noticed today when giving a rating that posts only seem to display the top two ratings given. A post with 3 likes, 2 funnies and 1 informative only shows the like and funny count.

The full tally is available if you click to see who has given what.

That's all.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nothing important.

I noticed today when giving a rating that posts only seem to display the top two ratings given. A post with 3 likes, 2 funnies and 1 informative only shows the like and funny count.

The full tally is available if you click to see who has given what.

That's all.
Bad. Makes issuing someone a full set that much harder.

Last edited:
Highlighting text then bolding it or changing its colour leads to other parts of the post that haven't been highlighted getting the same treatment.

I've highlighted "then bolding" above & changed it to red & this is the result.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pvivax The Intelligence Cell 13
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 2
Offendi The NAAFI Bar 64