Tonight Mathew, my money is on....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Nov 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Colour nailing party ....one pace forward march. Only posts made before 00:00GMT count

Obama - by a narrow margin. Roars of disbelief and poor sportsmanship from Mittens and his team. Result to stand.

( and Stonker to point me at the much earlier thread in Multinational...)

2. I reckon Obama will win this one. Or rather I hope he does. Certainly a less worrying option than Romney the shaved chimp.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Obama will win. He will also poll the highest vote by quite a margin, even though that is not a major factor as the POTUS is chosen by their electoral college.

4. According to the 60million or so votes cast before today, it's Obama by 6 points. These would be forces, diplomatic bods etc stationed overseas etc. I am assuming that the pollsters in the US who called it, have spoken with those who have already voted and its not just guesswork?

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

So the tv pundits can in fact all get an early night then ? Good show,

6. Close call by a short amount of votes to Obama. Lots of talk about rigging and illegal counting afterwards and lots of lawyer input. Only if Romney does not puss out and stand down if Obama looks to have the lead.

7. I am going for Mitt winning the popular vote but Barry carrying the College.

I hope I am wrong.

8. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

I say (fervently hope as well) that it's Obama, seems to be in touch with reality, which that 'shaved chimp' (best description ever GS) Romney looks down on us all as the dust beneath his mighty feet. Plus he's from a strange minority religion, what if his 'pope' decided that he should henceforth attack the evil __________* immediately, would Romney obey?

* Insert your own favourite enemy of the Mormon Church.

9. Romney wins tonight with 280+ electoral votes, and the shock and dismay of Hollywood and washed-up musicians will be something worthy of the Old Testament.

10. Obama to win. Republicans to lose gracelessly with some last minute legal dispute

Rest of World to heave a huge sigh of relief

11. Comfy pants, chocolate and homos

12. I'd love Obama to lose - just to see the BBC disappear up it's own arse in a hurricane of grief & disappointment.

• Like Like x 3
  13. On the basis that his brother doesn't run Florida, I think Romney will lose and Obama will win?

I hope so anyway!

• Like Like x 1
  14. The choice of these two is comparable to that of our home-grown band of fools. Why is it that politicians in the Western world have become so unappealing, whatever their political colour? I have a feeling that in the UK at least it's because they've become younger and less wise - ie: "professional" politicians. Nobody should be an MP before 40, Minister before 50 or PM before 60.

In the US nobody should become President before they can name the capital of a foreign country.

• Like Like x 1