Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

A backwards one...several years ago, the ex´s firm were having their annual bash at Xmas, usually a good freebie, so I deliberately didn´t eat a thing all day to make room for the anticipated troughsnork. Oh dear. I was a tiny bit worried that the venue had changed from the previous year to the ( imagined) swankiest hotel in town.... Horror upon horror ensued. Table numbers were fucked up, delays in serving were extreme and eventually what arrived on a plate, cold, barely fitted the definition ´food´. I just got pissed instead, and on an empty stomach that didn´t take long.

A backwards one...several years ago, the ex´s firm were having their annual bash at Xmas, usually a good freebie, so I deliberately didn´t eat a thing all day to make room for the anticipated troughsnork. Oh dear. I was a tiny bit worried that the venue had changed from the previous year to the ( imagined) swankiest hotel in town.... Horror upon horror ensued. Table numbers were fucked up, delays in serving were extreme and eventually what arrived on a plate, cold, barely fitted the definition ´food´. I just got pissed instead, and on an empty stomach that didn´t take long.

I had something similar at one of the missus work xmas parties. Food took fucking forever and when it finally turned up it was shit. To top it off there was no fucking booze either.

I had something similar at one of the missus work xmas parties. Food took fucking forever and when it finally turned up it was shit. To top it off there was no fucking booze either.

I feel your pain. :(

This is what my local small co-op used to bin / give to me out the back door.

Out of date, but still good.
IMG_20150227_150007_zpsxqryfaaf.png

I was on guard in Sennelager one delightful weekend. I got 'spammed' to be IC officers summer ball function venue guard, we got dropped off at some place in Schloss Neuhaus and had to make sure nobody left any bombs or stuff there overnight. The manager of the place gave me the keys to one of the fridges and it was loaded with many steaks, sausages etc and some rabbit food. 'help yourself' he says and heads out, you can use the smaller BBQ outside.

Somehow we ended up with a couple of beers each and sat up all night watching videos, eating way too much food and definitely not guarding anything.

Just a small selection of what my local supermarket throws out on a regular basis.

20140425_090651.jpg

20140828_165338-1.jpg

IMG-20150315-WA0001.jpeg

20141228_141732.jpg

Attachments

• 20140425_090651.jpg
    20140425_090651.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 49
I am constantly stunned at the amount of so called waste that is thrown away by supermarkets. I must have saved a fortune by skip diving.