Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Do you rent her out, or is she available for adoption ?
I was waiting for it and was not shocked, the thought sprang into my mind and I thought, who is going to say it? wait for it, wait for it .......... and boom in it comes :D

It does look cracking though, my lad at 26 can't cook for shit. I tried so many times to teach him basic stuff and nope he fails. Although is pretty good at ordering a take out so I let him off.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was waiting for it and was not shocked, the thought sprang into my mind and I thought, who is going to say it? wait for it, wait for it .......... and boom in it comes :D

It does look cracking though, my lad at 26 can't cook for shit. I tried so many times to teach him basic stuff and nope he fails. Although is pretty good at ordering a take out so I let him off.
I know someone like that. The OH has a good mate and on Wednesday decided to take her to The Emirates Stadium to watch Arsenal Ladies v Tottenham Ladies, anyhow, her mate's boyfriend, Steve, kicked off stating that she needs to stay home to cook his dinner, didn't happen by the way. Roll on Friday, down the pub, which has a charity bookshelf, all books games and DVDs are a quid, Steve bowls in, No excuses now. orders a pint at which point, half the blokes in the pub, walked up to him and gave him a cook book that they'd found on the shelf, he wasn't amused but managed to go home with around 10 cook books, from basic cooking to proper posh cuisine! No excuses now.

jinxy

LE
Cooked for my :)

Cooked4Me.jpg

I know someone like that. The OH has a good mate and on Wednesday decided to take her to The Emirates Stadium to watch Arsenal Ladies v Tottenham Ladies, anyhow, her mate's boyfriend, Steve, kicked off stating that she needs to stay home to cook his dinner, didn't happen by the way. Roll on Friday, down the pub, which has a charity bookshelf, all books games and DVDs are a quid, Steve bowls in, No excuses now. orders a pint at which point, half the blokes in the pub, walked up to him and gave him a cook book that they'd found on the shelf, he wasn't amused but managed to go home with around 10 cook books, from basic cooking to proper posh cuisine! No excuses now.
But remember a little knowledge is dangerous, it could all end up a disaster...........Not heard any more on @MrBane's conservatory/lean too lately, still in ICU?

We had a meal at the local Holiday Inn at Solstice Park last night. I fancied the Salmon Nicoise Salad and very nice it was too. Just before I’d polished it off, I realised there were no new potatoes in it, as there should be in a Nicoise Salad and as advertised on the menu.
When I mentioned this to the waitress when paying the bill, she said she would have a word with the kitchen and find out if there was a reason behind it.
She came back over before we left and said the ‘Chef’ sends his apologies, as he ‘forgot’ to put them on!
‘Chef’?!!
9DD9202E-85CF-45C7-A8F9-5210CB605C28.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
We had a meal at the local Holiday Inn at Solstice Park last night. I fancied the Salmon Nicoise Salad and very nice it was too. Just before I’d polished it off, I realised there were no new potatoes in it, as there should be in a Nicoise Salad and as advertised on the menu.
When I mentioned this to the waitress when paying the bill, she said she would have a word with the kitchen and find out if there was a reason behind it.
She came back over before we left and said the ‘Chef’ sends his apologies, as he ‘forgot’ to put them on!
‘Chef’?!!
View attachment 662512
Did you get anything off the bill?

Did you get anything off the bill?
Nope. I should have spotted it before or while I was eating it, so didn’t make a fuss.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
‘Chef’?!!
View attachment 662512

Last and final time in Londonistan, about 10 years ago........

Asked the Polish cnut, when he served me the "Ploughman's Lunch "

"Where's the fcuking cheese ?"

I wouldn't go back there again.
It’s usually pretty good to be fair, but we spend more time (and money) in our village pub, so it’s not a big deal. What I did have was very nice. :smile:

It’s usually pretty good to be fair, but we spend more time (and money) in our village pub, so it’s not a big deal. What I did have was very nice. :smile:
Potatoes are nice and should have been there (at least it shows it wasn't pre-plated & 'fridged).
If it was a good meal anyway, I'd not be unhappy, though a free ice cream, liquer, , few quid off would have been nice, but whatever..
(being happy enough to not grunt & argue is worth it sometimes)

‘Chef’?!!
View attachment 662512
Big difference UK to North America. Here that would have been comped after that. Looks nice anyway though.

I did help a bit but not enough to claim tonight I cooked. Mrs Gouty did most of it and a wonderful job she did too. X-LARGE Fajita Pie.
E573EF3F-7ED2-418B-8767-5E518E56AA8A.jpeg
EE31F524-C528-4799-8F90-A8EDE1CF1163.jpeg
6E43C553-F275-4F19-8974-F370281F3638.jpeg
BF3D302B-3AB1-4C75-A8D6-4FE9FF765E21.jpeg
F8A529DF-8F18-447D-B44E-F17A97AFD09E.jpeg

03388FDC-2F22-412C-9C90-EB732D8A3E12.jpeg

Attachments

• 70C2B699-DBFE-4468-8973-5AA79A5D2FDD.jpeg
    70C2B699-DBFE-4468-8973-5AA79A5D2FDD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That looks ace.

What was the filling and how long was it baked for at what temperature please? Thank you.

Its really nice and easy to do. For ours we learned. More fajitas than the recipe and two for what will be the bottom. When you cook the chicken etc for the inside, use tongs to put the filing in the pie. It’s better if you keep it as dry as possible or they fall apart when you flip it. Also we had some fun flipping the first couple, a bit of prep works wonders as they are heavy.

And we put in a lot more chilli. have fun.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Didn't really fancy hot porridge with it being warm so I did another one of those "overnight" things but without nutella and this morning added cinnamon, demerara sugar, cream and fruit.

cold porridge.jpg

It looked and tasted better than the last effort.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
20220528_130639_resized.jpg

Lunch today. Not cooked, but I grew the radishes and lettuce, and the tomatoes for the chutney made in 2020.

Quite proud of myself.

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Tonight I ate out as I on me holibobs...
20220606_193819.jpg
20220606_193825.jpg

500g of bbq ribs and fries.
Twas excellent and very cheap.
From here...

20220606_201402.jpg

Latest Threads