Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Anyway the old man has just cooked me some lovely salmon with hollandaise sauce and comfort peas, because I've been feeling a bit dicky this week.
What the actual fcuk are comfort peas?

Back in the 50's that was the ultimate treat, tinned peaches or fruit salad, with Carnation.

No one had a fridge let alone a fridge freezer the size of a Ford Anglia 105e back then.

Good honest food....... anyone else get rhubarb sticks, dipping it in sugar, as you went, or radishes dipped in salt ?
I just realised how poor we were, we were still having fruit salad and carnation in the mid '70's!

I thought by dipping raw rhubarb sticks in sugar we were posh!

I just put a smile on the wife's face [without dying] by suggesting I stop off on the way home tomorrow at the chippie. Battered sausage for her, fish and curry sauce for me - with proper chips n'all

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Lovely free buffet at master fang's graduation the other day, and multiple glasses of free fizz and vino.

Shame had to sit through the boring speeches first!

Lovely free buffet at master fang's graduation the other day, and multiple glasses of free fizz and vino.

Shame had to sit through the boring speeches first![/QUOTE]Which only confirms there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Have you gone private? That looks a damn site better than the last two hospitals I've been in!
Apparently it looks like sick.

The meals have been great - if there's something on the menu you don't like, there's always jacket spuds and salad, or sandwiches. I've not had to order a Just Eat since I've been here, but then again, after having my breakfast, two 3 course meals and biccies with my brews, I'm not really that hungry.

I think people moan to much about hospital food- really what do they expect and it's free!

The same with airline food-it's never actually bad quality food but I think some people actually still think they make it on the plane, not 6hrd previously!.
I am amazed at the stuff you get flying considering the logistics.

I think people moan to much about hospital food- really what do they expect and it's free!

The same with airline food-it's never actually bad quality food but I think some people actually still think they make it on the plane, not 6hrd previously!.
Hospital food is not free, it's paid for by National insurance payments.

I think the key thing people need to remember about hospital food (as @The_Snail mentioned previously) is that it is mass produced food from a limited menu that has to please a broad spectrum of palates and dietary requirements.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Speaking of hospital food, here's today's brekkie and lunch, I couldn't put dinner up, I was too despondent. As you can see, they showed the toast to the heat/flame and because I'm in the last bed in a room on my own, they forgot to put my order on the system, so no Yorkie pud and about a spoonful of gravy!

Oh, and my sleeping accommodation!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads