Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

964ST

LE
Not really food related, but couldn't resist the temptation to post on my own thread.

I have a good old fashioned bottle of Campari, bought a couple of years ago and untouched, so I reckon it doesn't owe me anything. But what's the best thing to mix it with? Tonic? Soda? Lemonade? Lorraine Chase's sweat?

Over to you.
Rosso or Bianco?
Either way with Babycham.

Kirkz

LE
Not really food related, but couldn't resist the temptation to post on my own thread.

I have a good old fashioned bottle of Campari, bought a couple of years ago and untouched, so I reckon it doesn't owe me anything. But what's the best thing to mix it with? Tonic? Soda? Lemonade? Lorraine Chase's sweat?

Over to you.
Meths.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Mrs S prepared a Summer Noodle Bowl with Spicy Korean Gochujang Beef on Saturday.
Bulgogi-style beef, prawn, tofu, kimchee, cashew nuts, chillie, daikon and chillie nut oil with avocado, cilantro and noodles in a spicy broth.

Blerry delicious!
F7FCFFDA-F3C4-4C11-87DC-D73573E86BE8.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Wife is looking after me, she saw this with a sale by date of September.
Now I love my black pudding and this is my favourite, I find too many variants are over seasoned and spiced which spoils the taste, this is spot on.
Only £3.00, I didn’t believe it and checked the till receipt, yep, £3.00 for 1.36kg of finest Bury Black Pudding.:grin:
I Know what I’m having for breakfast in the morning.

94491565-B70A-453E-A391-37CB3AFB40DF.jpeg

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Now I love my black pudding and this is my favourite, I find too many variants are over seasoned and spiced which spoils the taste, this is spot on.
Only £3.00, I didn’t believe it and checked the till receipt, yep, £3.00 for 1.36kg of finest Bury Black Pudding.:grin:

View attachment 592494
I should be concerned that she isn't looking after herself and wants to use it for some purpose for which it wasn't intended.....

Kirkz

LE

View attachment 592494
Slice it up and freeze it in batches, that's what I used to do with it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I should be concerned that she isn't looking after herself and wants to use it for some purpose for which it wasn't intended.....
I just showed her your post. She just laughed, I think I’ll do what @Kirkz suggested, quickly.

Despite owning a Michelin starred restaurant, we don’t get to go there that often.

Most of this came from our farm.

Working dinner this evening……

View attachment 591440

Every dish in your post demonstrates superb culinary skills, but this one is leagues above the rest. Presenting fine food in a rustic manner that truly works takes an immense amount of skill and imagination. I take my hat off to whoever created that dish.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Every dish in your post demonstrates superb culinary skills, but this one is leagues above the rest. Presenting fine food in a rustic manner that truly works takes an immense amount of skill and imagination. I take my hat off to whoever created that dish.
That’s just the canapés.

Something with minted peas from the garden and a steak tartar thing.

Divine.

Rab_C

LE
Waitrose Chinese , fried rice, chilli beef, sweet and sour chicken and prawn toast. Very nice as we don’t have a good local chinky take away.
7B010286-A909-4AF0-B84E-C64120E78863.jpeg

Went to a Chinese supermarket that has a rotisserie..

got crispy belly pork and crispy duck...

20210806_150659.jpg
20210806_150915.jpg
20210806_152040.jpg
20210806_163631.jpg
20210806_163640.jpg

Chinese tonight at a restaurant in Diepholz. Duck all round for the ladies (girlfriend and her mum) and sweet and sour chicken with fried rice and vegetables for me. Bloody lovely it were too.

20210812_182313.jpg
20210812_185819.jpg
20210812_185824.jpg