Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Back from our holiday and couldn't be bothered to cook so went to the local pub. Sat inside and enjoyed a lovely meal with two excellent puddings. Orange sorbet for himself, lemon and raspberry posset for me.
20210608_203831_resized.jpg
20210608_203857_resized.jpg

Dixie Pie as we know it. Chicken, creamed spinach, cheese, bacon and pickled Jalapeneos in flaky pastry. Served with fries, gravy and hot sauce.

First tried this at the Keg and Pheasant, Pinetown SA in the late ‘80’s.

Mrs S does a beautiful job of it!

Attachments

• 9B6DEC5E-8B32-4D17-BD1C-409F38DA38EA.jpeg
    9B6DEC5E-8B32-4D17-BD1C-409F38DA38EA.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 26
Dixie Pie as we know it. Chicken, creamed spinach, cheese, bacon and pickled Jalapeneos in flaky pastry. Served with fries, gravy and hot sauce.

First tried this at the Keg and Pheasant, Pinetown SA in the late ‘80’s.

Mrs S does a beautiful job of it!
Excellent, with proper chips!

A load of hipsters have opened an " artisan bakery" down the town, there's man buns and beards all over the place, well I'm not buying their poncy overpriced bread full of budgie seed and shite .
20210612_150934.jpg

Blogg

LE
Bloke few houses away preparing for a family BBQ.

We know this by the customary pall of smoke and the stench of excessive amounts of burning aromatic hydrocarbon as he attempts to ignite cheap briquettes made from compressed sawdust and sand with a bit of charcoal dust added.

Having eventually done so, he will hurl a selection of cheap sausages, burgers and pre made crap on all at same time.

Only time we went to one of his events Mrs B watched carefully and told me not to eat any of it. Especially the blackend sausages with still frozen interior.

I had already worked out for myself to swerve the chicken he had "cooked". And then poured the remainder of the yoghurt marinade it had come in on it

TamH70

MIA
I had a fairly conventional tea tonight. Heinz Spag Bol, with some shredded mushrooms and thin-sliced cheese courtesy of my tattie peeler (one of those ones with really sharp micro-serrations, which is perfect for that job), all mixed in and microwaved. Though I did go all posh with my bread choice - a lovely sourdough-based bloomer thing from Lidl.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Out to Breakfast today, at the Udder Farm Shop (!)

Eggs Benny for him, Smashed Avo for me. Our friends had the full English, which needed a very big plate indeed.
1842388221_20210626_101025_2394121_resized.jpg
1845158784_20210626_101028_2937432_resized.jpg

Panofsky's 'Renaissance and Renascences in Western Art'.
I much prefer his Early Netherlandisch painting to be honest.

Latest Threads