Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

I raise your Salmom mousse to a Strawberry mousse.
294bbc910aad478a5c26759a77c10e25.jpg

Not me but my girlfriend. She's just got home from work and made a sandwich and coffee.
WTF is that I asked. Just a snack came the reply.
It's a kind of sweet marshmallow covered in chocolate slapped inside a bread roll. What a waste of a really nice roll fresh from the bakers.

20210215_110015.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not me but my girlfriend. She's just got home from work and made a sandwich and coffee.
It's a kind of sweet marshmallow covered in chocolate slapped inside a bread roll. What a waste of a really nice roll fresh from the bakers.

View attachment 549704
Yuk.

View attachment 549704
Looks like a snowball in a bun, but they've used white chocolate stars on the snowball instead of dessicated coconut, the heathens. Otherwise I quite like the look of that. Peters the Bakers in Bishop Auckland used to make the world's greatest snowballs, and my mouths watering just at the thought of them.

View attachment 549704
Shes pregnant.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 549704
why:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Thankfully not. I fire blanks and she had a hysterectomy. :party:
She’s disturbed then, very disturbed, doctors first thing in morning, can’t be too careful.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
She eats quorn and that sort of shite mate.
So, one mouthful and she’ll probably spit it out.

Hmm, that came out wrong.

I'm not a great fast food nut, but this caught my eye.

I have quite fond memories of Wendy's the first time around. Unless my memory is playing tricks, they were very much superior to McDs and BK. They had very good salad bars, which were not a feature elsewhere.

The square-shaped burgers reminded me of Birds Eye Steaklets, which I lurved.

Even post-Covid, I doubt if I will be schlepping all the way over to Reading, but if a branch opens locally I'm willing to be disappointed.

Rab_C

LE

I have quite fond memories of Wendy's the first time around. Unless my memory is playing tricks, they were very much superior to McDs and BK. They had very good salad bars, which were not a feature elsewhere.

Even post-Covid, I doubt if I will be schlepping all the way over to Reading, but if a branch opens locally I'm willing to be disappointed.
It’s not often I have fast food but Wendys were my go to if needed, then square “carpet” burger.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Why not just have Lorne sausage?
rollslice-500x375.jpg

Why not just have Lorne sausage?
View attachment 550967

Iceland is about the only place near me that you can get it. Have you tried Iceland's? Comes in BFO bags, it's vile and seems to contain gravel. I made my own sliced sausage a few months ago. Very easy to do and not at all bad.

But Steaklets... I still dream of Birds Eye Steaklets. They were probably all earholes, *********, eyelids and lips... but utterly luscious for all that.

But Steaklets... I still dream of Birds Eye Steaklets. They were probably all earholes, *********, eyelids and lips... but utterly luscious for all that.
On a related note it's Alpenfest in Lidl this week. Tonight I had a microwaved currywurst, half a dozen bockwurst (out of a jar) in bread rolls and lots of festbier. I know it's not the real thing and the bockwurst are basically meat flavoured fat in tubes but it's tasty.

The horrendous farts are an added bonus.

Somedays you win.

Home from work and utterly knackered so Mrs Ancient decides on a Chinese takeaway.

Not my go to thing as the good stuff is risibly expensive and the cheaper stuff is vile but all I want is a drink, crap telly and scoff.

Deliveroo arrives and leaves it on the doorstep and pedals off at speed into the night but what is this? She can't have ordered this much! There's a sackful.

Wrong order. It's not ours. But it's all the good stuff.

I ring Deliveroo and explain expecting them to get Abdul to cycle back and correct matters, but no, they can reorder but it will be at least an hour which is too long so they will refund.

"What do I do with all this ?" I ask.

"Whatever you like" says the uninterested man in Gujarat.

Cheers!

Result!

I'll start with the duck and keep going until I can't fit anymore in and make myself ill.

Like I said. Sometimes you win.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Feb 29th last year was a doddle for her birthday. Visited the Painted Hall with a long liquid lunch at the Old Brewery then Shakespeare at the Globe before finishing up with dinner at Rules. Then the world seemed to stop - no visiting Alberto's family at Lago di Como for Spring and Giovanni's friends near Castelvetrano during the autumn. All gone!
This year was a problem in terms of going somewhere for birthday meal, then I found the Wolseley was delivering so I ordered this lot which merely had to be slung in the oven/microwave if necessary.
Wolseley.jpg

Very well done. A reputable courier the day before with one hour's notice of delivery, packed in a box with thermal blanket and a freebie keep cold pack.
Actually it is now a group of restaurants and their menu gives something from each chef. Tomorrow I will be able to give a verdict on what it tastes like.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It was great, very nice and plenty of it (I actually managed "seconds" of the coq au Riesling).
Wolseley dessert.jpg

wolseley dinner.jpg

Definitely one of those I'll use again unless everything opens up beforehand.

Latest Threads