Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

A nice crab sandwich on Multigrain bread for lunch today. M&S had some reduced white crab meat, so I combined it with a pot of salmon mousse. Lovely.
441EECC2-58AB-49AB-9A97-274713EF46BA.jpeg
9ECCF532-6689-4CAD-A8A9-03D0BB283822.jpeg

Lidl do quite a few chill cook meals, I'm not usually a fan of ready meals, but they do a Lamb Rogan Josh with rice for £2.69.

It's nicely spiced, and really rich, sour tomato flavoured, just scoffed one now with a side of a few crunchy chips, excellent value.

They do a prawn version as well, avoid.

If they're near the sell by date, they're a third cheaper, so worth hoovering up and freezing.......

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20210122_201211.jpg

My wife was sent some instant noodles by a friend. They were too hot for her to eat and she is Thai.

20210124_121753.jpg

20210124_121806.jpg

They are made in Malaysia. I had just one noodle and at first it was tasty, then the pain began . . .

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
This is not one of my efforts but I immediately thought of Arrsers;
specs bread.jpg

Kirkz

LE
I've got some ghost chilli sausages, not really sure yet as to how to have them. There's ten in a pack.
Give them to Wor Lass to try first.

Pizza delivery ...
22F12D69-A361-4F8A-888A-15127DB88049.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The wife made these little tasty morsels this afternoon.
She was in the pantry looking for something, couldn’t find it but came across a jar of mincemeat we had left over from Christmas.
This is a shortbread mix on a sheet of baking parchment pressed down to form a base then mincemeat then more of your shortbread mix on top. It will work with any filling, thinly sliced cooking apples with cinnamon would be nice. Having this next Christmas makes a nice change from traditional pies.
In fact why wait till Christmas?
9571A9F2-71A7-48BE-9DFE-E8D1ED1E1035.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Dinner for two this evening.

Fish cakes, lamb skewers starters
Slow cooked beef, lamb tagine mains. Couscous and Dauphinoise potatoes for sides.
Brownie, cheesecake desserts, clotted cream.
£25 per head.
Delivered to our door this afternoon. Looks like @Ravers may have competition!
20210213_131159_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Threads