Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Cake and coffee at a small tea shop while returning from a trip to Minden yesterday.

20201004_151511.jpg

Saturday ritual with the grandkids. Bike ride and Breakfast at the local Farm Shop.
614273BC-FAF0-4B3A-86DF-F3C1ECB85655.jpeg

No, can't stand the stuff.
I got shitfaced on it when I was about 13 and since then just the smell of it makes me want to throw up my internal organs.
I could have written that word for word, apart from the fact I was 15 when I got rat arsed on the stuff. Never again!

Had a spot of lunch out today, just some soup and bread at a cafe in Scotland and very nice it was too.
How it was served nearly gave me a coronary...View attachment 507250
@supermatelot.

At least it wasn't delivered on a shovel. With the bread in a cloth cap.

The real crime is that must be a specially made flowerpot as every one I have ever seen has had a hole in the bottom, which is probably not a good idea for serving soup.

Last edited:
Cheesy Wham Bam at the Three Trees Farm Shop and cafe. A bit like Welsh Rarebit - cheese, ham and mustard on sourdough topped off with a fried egg. Complete with a bit of salad stuff. Well recommended if you’re passing through Marlborough on the way to Swindon.
63FFC7C0-2CFB-48FD-B9CA-C709D74A0ACD.jpeg

Cheesy Wham Bam at the Three Trees Farm Shop and cafe. A bit like Welsh Rarebit - cheese, ham and mustard on sourdough topped off with a fried egg. Complete with a bit of salad stuff. Well recommended if you’re passing through Marlborough on the way to Swindon.
View attachment 512374
If I was passing through Marlborough on the way to Swindon I would stop, have one of those and then drive back home.

If I was passing through Marlborough on the way to Swindon I would stop, have one of those and then drive back home.
Good call! :-D

I've pulled off what can only be described as a masterclass in meat to bread coverage, I've always dreamed of a once in a lifetime sandwich like this, sniff, its dusty in here isn't it ?
IMG_20201016_194822.jpg

It started with the usual " what do you fancy for dinner this evening Beagle?"

(what she really meant was " what are you going to cook tonight Biatch?")

"CHINKEY !!!"

that shook her, so last night we had Kung po combination of meat( beef duck chicken pork and king prawns) and ginger and garlic stripped fried beef.... with salt and pepper chips

Salt and pepper chips? I hear you ask

chips , added to a wok of thin sliced fried fiery green chilli and onion slices , and fried again

OK you may know of this strange food , but they are new to me (on advice from my son), they were however mucho delicious

with the added bonus , we got to check out if Doris can now eat very spicy food , as it's been 5 weeks since she had her gall bladder removed , and it looks like she is well on the road to a full recovery.( we already knew that removing it hasn't messed up her ability to sink the odd bottle of wine so she's well on the road back to full health)

Last edited:
just to complete this meal, the left over chips , stripped beef and some of the veg were diced to about 10 mm cubes and went into a very hot frying pan this morning, with 4 beaten eggs ,
Brunch was a very delicious omelette , with toast, and zero food waste

It started with the usual " what do you fancy for dinner this evening Beagle?"

(what she really meant was " what are you going to cook tonight Biatch?")

"CHINKEY !!!"

that shook her, so last night we had Kung po combination of meat( beef duck chicken pork and king prawns) and ginger and garlic stripped fried beef.... with salt and pepper chips

Salt and pepper chips? I hear you ask

chips , added to a wok of thin sliced fried fiery green chilli and onion slices , and fried again

OK you may know of this strange food , but they are new to me (on advice from my son), they were however mucho delicious

with the added bonus , we got to check out if Doris can now eat very spicy food , as it's been 5 weeks since she had her gall bladder removed , and it looks like she is well on the road to a full recovery.( we already knew that removing it hasn't messed up her ability to sink the odd bottle of wine so she's well on the road back to full health)
Think salt and pepper chips is a scouse thing i'd planned on trying it whilst doing uni taxi runs but kung flu stopped that plan

Pieminster Pie (Chicken & Mushroom), mash, mushy peas and gravy at the local Farm Shop. Ace.
50B65A08-5900-46B4-8E0B-BE5BDE4EB337.jpeg

Latest Threads