Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've eaten trotters, tripe, fried turkey necks, ears ........ the only animal parts I've ever binned were sweetbreads, absoluely foul.
Out of that lot, sweetbreads are the only one I'd eat. Poached, allowed to cool, sliced into half centimetre slices, breadcrumbed with soft white breadcrumbs and shallow fried in butter, served with beurre noisette, lovely.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Take away pizza from Gastro Nicks, Collingbourne Ducis. If you live in the Tidworth area, this is a stunning effort and is available every Friday evening. Superb.
087641BC-E3F7-46DD-9AA4-BD93CBA7FC1E.jpeg

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Expecting a ping on the doorbell any time soon. Bit of a treat as I actually got something from the Government last week to recompense me for three months without work.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
TV licencing are coming round with a warrant ?
Well we do keep inviting them to come round and have a look, but strangely it's never convenient to them ...

Well we do keep inviting them to come round and have a look, but strangely it's never convenient to them ...
They are waiting for the moment you buy a telly.
TV licensing are manned by ex-snipers.
And like all good hunters, they can play a long game...

So today at work was going to be a very mundane day, a trip to head office, 2.5 hour drive, sort some crap out, 2.5 hour journey home!
Gets there this morning, sorts the crap, walking past the boardroom on my way to the car, one of the girls says, “Hey, want some free scoff?” Who am I to turn a free lunch down! Turns out the Company were expected a face to face meeting with a big new client, pulled out all the stops, hospitality boat pushed out etc. etc. Full luncheon involving sandwiches (various fillings), sausage rolls, pork pies, mini pasties, scotch eggs, chips, deep fried cod balls, sausages on sticks, sausages in batter, scotch pies, salad bowl, crisps, fruit & biscuits. I entered the room to a sea of faces from various departments from factory to board members, all with heaped plate fulls of scran, and more importantly, loads left. I duly tucked in, plate dutifully piled high, I took my seat at the trough!
Turns out this new client and it’s 15 representatives were expecting and eventually got a Microsoft Teams meeting, once the MD and Ops Director realised their mistake and hastily set up their laptops for the meeting.:D
Best day at work ever, long drive for lunch though!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
So today at work was going to be a very mundane day, a trip to head office, 2.5 hour drive, sort some crap out, 2.5 hour journey home!
Gets there this morning, sorts the crap, walking past the boardroom on my way to the car, one of the girls says, “Hey, want some free scoff?” Who am I to turn a free lunch down! Turns out the Company were expected a face to face meeting with a big new client, pulled out all the stops, hospitality boat pushed out etc. etc. Full luncheon involving sandwiches (various fillings), sausage rolls, pork pies, mini pasties, scotch eggs, chips, deep fried cod balls, sausages on sticks, sausages in batter, scotch pies, salad bowl, crisps, fruit & biscuits. I entered the room to a sea of faces from various departments from factory to board members, all with heaped plate fulls of scran, and more importantly, loads left. I duly tucked in, plate dutifully piled high, I took my seat at the trough!
Turns out this new client and it’s 15 representatives were expecting and eventually got a Microsoft Teams meeting, once the MD and Ops Director realised their mistake and hastily set up their laptops for the meeting.:D

Bet you're kicking yourself that you didn't know to take a doggy bag eh?
;-)

Sounds like social distancing was not applied in that room.

Dead man walking.

Still at least his last meal was hearty and free.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sounds like social distancing was not applied in that room.

Dead man walking.

Still at least his last meal was hearty and free.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
well I hope not, everyone present is tested once a week and as far as I know we were all negative this week, but as far a social distancing, that went out the window as soon as the words “Free” & “Food” were connected in the same sentence, I did notice an office girl in the corner, socially at least 2 metres from everyone else and cowering in the corner with a plate the size of Tahiti, I just put that down to her being a greedy fat fecker though!

Last edited:
So you work in the health sector?
Supply and maintenance to the health sector, so you calling my lunch unhealthy? Oh the irony, never seen the smokers congregating in the smokers shelter at a hospital or chips with everything menu in the staff canteen! Coz you never see a fat nurse or a doctor chain smoking!

Supply and maintenance to the health sector, so you calling my lunch unhealthy? Oh the irony, never seen the smokers congregating in the smokers shelter at a hospital or chips with everything menu in the staff canteen! Coz you never see a fat nurse or a doctor chain smoking!
Believe it. My wife was in hospital for breast cancer surgery and was suffering from severe constipation following hefty doses of pain killers. When I visited she was close to tears as she had asked several times for some sort of help but to no avail. I had to get a bit shouty in the end. As an aside, I was shocked to see how fücking obese most of the female nurses were. They’re not all Florence fücking Nightingale.
I refer the honourable member to a post I put up a while back.

20200717_102146_compress62.jpg

Not a Ploughmans Lunch as we don't plough nowadays, but a tractor driver/drier operatives lunch. Coffee, diet coke, apples, biltong, salad, muesli bars. This is meant to do from 1130 to 2000 hrs. It will all be gone by 1230, apart from the fruit, which will now shuttle between the kitchen and the farm until September.

Latest Threads