Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Have you been to London? There are a zillion restaurants selling variants of bone marrow...
Yes, they serve in on the balcony of a place in Princes Gate.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Were those grapes in the form of port, Madeira, sherry or something else? Dorset Blue Vinney cheese?
The grapes were some of those which have been marinating in a demerara enhanced port. The cheese, Yorkshire blue, was some I brought back when pottering around the Harrogate/Whitby/Scarborough area a while back.

Strange, but satisfying day here on the island
Drive up to Mirador del Rio this morning, had a cuppa, then drive down past our place, and went to the South , at Plays Blanca, to Cafe Betty, the German bakery , and cake and coffee place, for the best currywurst I have had in years
Take many likes ,betty cafe, many times I have over exelled there , and then taken stuff back to CT for later, I have to wait till April for my next visit and plum and apple strudle

I didn't mind the vegans at dinner tonight, they seem to have got over my.carnivorous eating habits

What did piss me off was a young British lad , with his girlfriend, who thought he looked super cool in that Lewis Hamilton style baseball cap ,he kept it on during the meal

it is a decent hotel, I was surprised he wasn't asked to remove it, there is a dress code in the evening and no hats is on it

Apart from that it is fucking bad manners

Mind you there are some French guests with eating habits the are!........well....just French

The things I do for charity.

Today I received a nice Christmas cake and started on it even though it's not Christmas Day.

View attachment 436753

The reason I started it was because today is really a cause for celebration and what better to celebrate with (as well as some cheese and very marinated grapes). On top of all that it's far too good a cake to leave until Christmas which is a long time yet in cake terms.
Seems to be plenty there to last over Christmas

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems to be plenty there to last over Christmas
After trying it as soon as it arrived and testing it on someone else and having a snack last night and . . .

No.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
We have haunch of venison this evening. I threw it in the slow cooker with Swede turnip stock, beer and red currant jelly, then left it. So I haven't cooked it!
I’d have liked to have seen a picture of that, sounds lovely.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I’d have liked to have seen a picture of that, sounds lovely.
It was absolutely gorgeous. However I didn't serve it either, being totally absorbed in a sewing project. Hubby's not into photographing grub, sadly.

Nice piece left for 'cold with pickle' tomorrow teatime.

DSC_0141.JPG

Sea food platter, collected from Shrewsbury Market. Wonderful fishmonger has an attached wine bar for sampling or snacking. 45 quids well spent, did two of us twice.

CFB

Take a lobster from the pot.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Mine was not very exotic
20191225_141911.jpg

but a couple of bottles of this helped.
20191225_134655.jpg

Tonight I didn't cook a ham and cheese sandwich.
I won't be cooking ham (or beef) and cheese sandwiches tomorrow either.
Or the day after that.
Or the day after that.
Someone swmbo overdid the Christmas shopping.
Just a bit.
As per usual.
FFS.

ABNredleg

Old-Salt
French toast with bits of pork belly, and hash browns.

BAAB8527-4B14-45E6-9687-A0BB32BA3C91.jpeg

ABNredleg

Old-Salt

ABNredleg

Old-Salt
I’m on vacation so it’s a treat - it’s a nice change of pace from oatmeal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 111
Provost ARRSE: Site Issues 2
Joker62 ARRSE: Site Issues 180

Latest Threads