Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Roast beef dinner with all the trimmings, then scampi and chips with TK butties. There's sketti oops on toast coming up soon and I may have to have mayo with it.

It won't let me download the photos, probably because it's laughing at @Joker62 's hospital food because it would put it to shame. Never mind eh!

pinback2001

War Hero
Roast beef dinner with all the trimmings, then scampi and chips with TK butties. There's sketti oops on toast coming up soon and I may have to have mayo with it.

It won't let me download the photos, probably because it's laughing at @Joker62 's hospital food because it would put it to shame. Never mind eh!
TK butties? Tomato ketchup?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
On my way home yesterday I stopped at a small local bakery and bought some of their bread pudding. It was great when warm but today I had it cold with cream as a pudding. And I forgot to take a photo until I had eaten some of it.
bread pud.jpg

Really nice.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

My hospital food out-povertey’d both of yours.

and I sent you phots. Can’t remember if posted them. Will check my Dropbox.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A late afternoon lunch/ dinner. Spicy Jumbo king prawns with some sweet chilli sauce for 4.49, not bad at all.
Pictures often come in handy, just saying.

This not from today....but got busy today cleaning up my laptop pics...from my trip to Japan last year...thought might be relevant..

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

No pictorials but we had a blowout tonight. We were planning a KFC, then we decided on the Morrisons bagged frozen wings, thighs and strips, a tray of oven chips and some southern spiced gravy. A fraction of the cost of a KFC.
I only eat KFC once or twice a year and I have to admit, the Morrisons stuff was much better, crispier with less lard.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
No pictorials but We had a blowout. Was planning a KFC then we decided on the Morrisons bagged frozen wings, thighs and strips, a tray of oven chips and some southern spiced gravy. A fraction of the cost of a KFC.
I only eat KFC once or twice a year and I have to admit, the Morrisons stuff was much better, crispier with less lard.
I'd make a trip to Morrisons, but the nearest to me is 5 miles away and that's living in London.
I've taken recently to buying some of the 1 quid meals from Iceland for work. The best by far is the Spaghetti Bolognese, very reminiscent of the tinned Heinz version. The curries are a bit hit and miss, either loads of meat or next to nothing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 111
Provost ARRSE: Site Issues 2
Joker62 ARRSE: Site Issues 180

Latest Threads