Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Just got some preserved cabbage, as i cannot spell saurkraut from my garage.

I started it off last August, it is still in fine condition but must think about a new batch.

Polish firm white cabbages 3
one apple
several carrots
a good deal of salt

IMG_5839.jpg

Be careful what you wish for.I'm going to Scotland next week....
You're more than welcome to give me a tickle if you're going past Scotch Corner.

Itsu spicy chicken flavored pot noodles...surprisingly tasty...with an added dash of hot sauce....almost tasted like a lower end ramen.

I've been away all week and got home tonight, knackered. Greeted by the current mrs_mush with a perfect Friday evening meal - chicken fajitas
20190920_200020_resized.jpg

No pics but this is basically what I had...

Delish! No Laksa though.

FYI - cash only, and lines around the block. Next to Euston station. I don't mind paying 10 quid for two courses. The bread was amazing!

Tonight me and Doris ate out ,.We are in Amboise , france, and had a meal on the outside of a restaurant called "la Reserve"
we had the set menu , 18€ each plus the wine, which was lovely,
I started with pate of chicken liver she had what looked one the same thing , but made with fish
we both had tenderloin of pork and frites( and what superb frites they were, not tasted the likes since the late 60s just before I joined up...cooked I believe in real grease, probably goose fat, seriously, they were excellent)
And floating islands for pudd

Worth every penny. If there was one thing wrong, the table was not even and the cutlery slid, we could have sat inside , on the level, but it was still 27°C at 8pm...inside was like an oven

Tonight me and Doris ate out ,.We are in Amboise , france, and had a meal on the outside of a restaurant called "la Reserve"
we had the set menu , 18€ each plus the wine, which was lovely,
I started with pate of chicken liver she had what looked one the same thing , but made with fish
we both had tenderloin of pork and frites( and what superb frites they were, not tasted the likes since the late 60s just before I joined up...cooked I believe in real grease, probably goose fat, seriously, they were excellent)
And floating islands for pudd

Worth every penny. If there was one thing wrong, the table was not even and the cutlery slid, we could have sat inside , on the level, but it was still 27°C at 8pm...inside was like an oven
Yeah, London was warm too - t-shirt weather (wanted to make the most of it)...but apparently it will be rainy and colder from tomorrow.

I had to have a maccy ds double quarter pounder with cheese before they stop doing them on Tuesday.
Only thing is I paid forty pence to add bacon and when I got it home and opened it there was no bacon.
Not impressed to be honest.

I had to have a maccy ds double quarter pounder with cheese before they stop doing them on Tuesday.
Only thing is I paid forty pence to add bacon and when I got it home and opened it there was no bacon.
Not impressed to be honest.
Should've asked for Royale with cheese...

A cooked chicken breast, chopped up & mixed with 400g of salad stuff & a dollop of Aldi low fat mayonnaise.

May's take on things he cooks and didn't cook..including pot noodles and Indian food.

Yes, you will see a lot of "What’s your favourite wine?" flashing on the screen...

A buttermilk fried chicken burger....not bad for 5.50...couldn't be bothered to make anything after being hit by bloody hail!

At my old haunt - The Ledger Building in the 'Wharf - tasty enough for the price.

IMG-0539.JPG

Wetherspoons?
Don't know but it's on a Wetherspoons plate
It is - had to pop into Canary Wharf for a meeting and on the way back got hit by hail - so nipped for some food and shelter.

The Ledger Building is nice though, even if mostly populated by banker types.

And they are running a promotion thingy this month, so something which usually costs around 9 quid, costs around 5.25 or something with the coupons they gave out.

'Spoons do need to get some more contemporary plates though. I've been seeing the same type since almost a decade ago. It just feels old. Just get even plain white - they don't really age...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 111
Provost ARRSE: Site Issues 2
Joker62 ARRSE: Site Issues 180

Latest Threads