Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

I was knobbing a student a few years ago who was a volunteer at a food bank and Im happy to say I stole food out of the mouths of workshy untermensch and as a tax paying hero it felt good.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Whilst still in teh mob, but awaiting the day I left, I was based at Tidders and used to spend my days working at Thruxton circuit on Corporate days, where Ford/Mercedes/Audi/etc used to bring their whole range of cars down for people to thrash round the track. Lunch was always a feature of these days and the catering company always over ordered, I walked away one day with a pound of smoked salmon, 2 bottles of decent champers, a litre of OJ and a couple of bottles of red wine. Got back to camp before the rest of the unit had finished for the day and set myself up on the sunlounger on the balcony with some smoked salmon sarnies, bucks fizz and the stereo blaring whilst catching some rays, just as they arrived back.
PS, Tiff Needell was the host of this days event at Thruxton, first class knob, decided to give one of the waitresses grief about something minor and ended up with 3 spuds stuffed up the exhaust of his car!

On day 1 on a NATO exercise in Scotland, I was told that free food was to be found. So I found it, got my plate of curry - and then looked around and discovered the room was full of ships' COs and senior officers.

Oops!

I’ve noticed a trend for post that are about delivered meals/takeaway meals/restaurant meals creeping into the magnificent “Tonight I Cooked” thread.. Basically that’s cheating, and these particular posters should be exposed to ridicule.... Ooooor post them here instead -

So tonight, in Nazareth, I didn’t cook, I ate out, I have little idea what most of it was, I waved the flies away, I haven’t had any gastro problems and it was bloody delicious.... Osama (gen) did try and slide the beetroot by me, but I saw through his cunning plan, and was having nothing to do with the Devils vegetables....

Anyway overs to you, what didn’t you cook tonight?

Last edited:

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
I’ve noticed a trend for post that are about delivered meals/takeaway meals/restaurant meals creeping into the magnificent “Tonight I Cooked” thread.. Basically that’s cheating, and these particular posters should be exposed to ridicule.... Ooooor post them here instead -

So tonight, in Nazareth, I didn’t cook, I ate out, I have little idea what most of it was, I waved the flies away, I haven’t had any gastro problems and it was bloody delicious.... Osama (gen) did try and slide the beetroot by me, but I saw through his cunning plan, and was having nothing to do with the Devils vegetables....

Anyway overs to you, what didn’t you cook tonight?

A nice colourful pic, but where is the food.

I used to drink in a Toby carvery as it was very local and always quiet. About once a week they'd be clearing off the deck when I arrived, and they'd give me all the meat that didn't get used.
One night, I walked home with a 4kg beef joint and a 3.8kg gammon. Outstanding!

It's now a posh steak house and so my days of free meat are over.

And as a bit of a bonus I have noticed that tartinis very often wear black stockings to funerals......

I digress and so will digress a bit more....

Today I felt a bit peckish at lunchtime and sent out to the local tiny Cantonese restaurant for a nosh of sauteed lamb with spring onions and bacon fried rice. Now, lamb is well known for its fart inducing properties, but include with the lamb a large amount (about 150 grams) of al-dente fried spring onions and you have a recipe for some very satisfying anally emitted stenches.

So I didn't cook, but I did clear the communal seating area in the hotel, twice.

I then went up to the 25th floor in one lift, filling it with a fine aroma redolent (see what I did there @HE117 ) of the junction where the A3 meets the M25 and which has a sewage farm just off the motorway. And I then came back down to reception in the other lift filling that with the malodourous emissions of a lamb and onion filled rumbling digestive tract.

I am now about to go and contaminate the coffee bar.

Life is such fun.
M3 not A3.

This afternoon, wife's cousin been helping/hindering at some do. Turned up bearing a plate of salmon sandwiches, crusts cut off and half a chocolate cake. Didn't have to get out of chair.

CFB