Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Kirkz

LE
On BBC1 now. Eat Well for Less.

Wallace and Bavin....they don't have a ******* clue do they really? @Kirkz
They have no idea at all Mukker :) I can frequently eat all week without spending a penny on food.
I haven't bought washing powder for over 2 years but have 6 or 7 large boxes in my cupboard that would cost about a tenner a box. I had to go out and buy a bigger freezer to accommodate the amount of free food I scavenge.
Not to mention the flat screen TV's, Dyson vacuums and other electrical equipment scavenged from the local tip and skips. :)

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I am constantly stunned at the amount of so called waste that is thrown away by supermarkets. I must have saved a fortune by skip diving.
When I was at 6th form I worked for a co-op we had some scam where we were insured by the co-op. I worked on wines and spirits, if I reduced something I claimed the difference on our insurance. Some customers really loved me as I dropped the price of single malt by half, truth be told I'd no idea if it was any good or not. Recall someone asking me if Canadian club was the same as southern comfort as they were next to each other and had similar bottles. Yeah love course it is.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Tonight I will not be getting Beef Wellington.... Why not?

Q) What is the similarity between Beef Wellington and a blow job?

A) You will never get either at home.
He can have Beef Wellington when I get a blow job, he'll not be getting beef wellington.

They have no idea at all Mukker :) I can frequently eat all week without spending a penny on food.
I haven't bought washing powder for over 2 years but have 6 or 7 large boxes in my cupboard that would cost about a tenner a box. I had to go out and buy a bigger freezer to accommodate the amount of free food I scavenge.
Not to mention the flat screen TV's, Dyson vacuums and other electrical equipment scavenged from the local tip and skips. :)

Round here, all the store skips are locked or behind BFO walls, can't even get out of date bread for the swans etc. Bastards.

Kirkz

LE
Round here, all the store skips are locked or behind BFO walls, can't even get out of date bread for the swans etc. Bastards.
Some try that round here, but the Eastern Europeans just break them open.
Personally I've got a key for the bins I dive in as the supermarket weren't bright enough to remove it when the new bin was delivered :D

Rab_C

War Hero
we have the 'Balloon Chasers' over here- mainly seem to be German. they will coast past bars on their motorbikes waiting for the free food to appear, come in, buy a bottle of water, stuff their faces and move on. I'm sure they have a Facebook page.
Seems to be just as many Brits where I am and the occasional one with tupperware boxes.........

Truth be told I have made it before but don't use pate as I don't eat it so use duxelles instead.

Sounds good enough; prefer pate myself but duxelles isn't that far off anyway, apart from I'm not right keen on Butter.

Saumon en Croute's worth a thought, also.

Gurkha Curry can be a nice surprise, too, although it can be a bit of a faff for a Blowjob.

I suppose it all hangs on your state of mind and priorities at the time.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Sounds good enough; prefer pate myself but duxelles isn't that far off anyway, apart from I'm not right keen on Butter.

Saumon en Croute's worth a thought, also.

Gurkha Curry can be a nice surprise, too, although it can be a bit of a faff for a Blowjob.

I suppose it all hangs on your state of mind and priorities at the time.
I don't eat seafood either I'm a very fussy eater, didn't eat meat as a baby and only started eating it when I joined the TA and had no option.

So, what's the protocol for descending like a vulture on a buffet to which you've not been invited? How long should you wait until no-one gives a **** any more? And what's your best misappropriation of someone else's food?

Brussels. 2007. Drank until midnight. Couldn't sleep all night. Had to get up. Morning. Six o clock.

Walked for a couple of miles. Found a posh hotel serving a breakfast buffet. The whole works. I was nearly passing out by this point and just tucked in like that bloke from Trading Places with kippers down his Father Xmas suit. Smoked salmon. Fruit cocktail. What a lifesaver. The whole place was empty.

I tried to pay, even going up to some people in other parts of the hotel, but they just fobbed me off. Must have really looked like Dan Aykroyd.

Just a shame I wasn't fitter to get a bit more down my neck. I had a hundred euros in my pocket and was happy to pay for it all. They just seemed to be more worried about me leaving immediately.

I doubt it is the kind of trick you could pull twice.

TK Max is a good skip dive too.
Replaced mirror glass on this one

Cushion covers

Pair of curtains

Double duvet and cover
Liberace Walt.

After a recent funeral service and cremation,we went to a pub near the crem in Cardiff.
Chef had nearly mastered the deep fat fryer,and had experimented with all the heat settings and the full range of timing options.So drum sticks burnt on the outside raw in the middle,black samosas,still frozen mini chicken kievs one bag of Bovril crisps on a plate the size of landrover tyre etc etc
I actually refused to eat any of it.
Chef hadn't just finished his shift at the crematorium by any chance?

I did silver service waiting in one of Oxfords colleges when i was 17 . The scoff that i served most nights was amazing . Pre drinks in one room , then 4-5 courses with fine wines , then of to another room for fruit , port , snuff and cheese and then to a huge lounge to quaff fine spirits . The money that must get spent in those places must be unreal . I estimate a single evening meal for around 12-14 must cost at least £1200 .

My perks were scoffing lovely steaks , racks of lamb and little roast potatoes as i took stuff up and down the narrow staircases . I also got to toot a bit of snuff , scoff fine cheese and down any half bottles of wine [ stuff that must have been £75-100 a bottle ] . I also tried the sherry with a chilli in but did not fancy that much .

Food and booze tastes so mush nicer when its free .

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Sadly Wordsmith not only didn't cook but also didn't eat a cheesecake at a very alcoholic works Christmas party. A rather intoxicated WS perched on a buffet table beside the rather tasty temp he was trying to chat up. Unfortunately WS soon realised he had also inadvertently sat on a cheesecake. Which did not assist the chat up line...

Wordsmith :(

A backwards one...several years ago, the ex´s firm were having their annual bash at Xmas, usually a good freebie, so I deliberately didn´t eat a thing all day to make room for the anticipated troughsnork. Oh dear. I was a tiny bit worried that the venue had changed from the previous year to the ( imagined) swankiest hotel in town.... Horror upon horror ensued. Table numbers were fucked up, delays in serving were extreme and eventually what arrived on a plate, cold, barely fitted the definition ´food´. I just got pissed instead, and on an empty stomach that didn´t take long.

Too long a tale to recount on my phone but I did similar once. Ended up rounding on the mayor of Fleetwood and being thrown out in my tux, bejewelled with medals and landing on my arse in the promenade like something out of a laural and hardy film.

Back in my undergraduate days I used to go to the leftie events for the free food on a weekly basis. I once literally went to an event to a box of pizza and just left in full view of the bunch of commies. I suppose though being commies they don't believe in the sense of ownership so they did nothing...

Dark_Nit

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not cooking Chinese tonight.... Takeaway Thursday is upon us! :D

Latest Threads