Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

From last Saturday, the final night of our holiday..... sob. Went to the local Chinese for a change.
Sweet and Sour chicken for me and a spicy chicken dish for er indoors. Far too much and neither of us could finish it. Cheap night though, only 35 compared to 60+ at the Italian.

View attachment 378184
Why did you go all inclusive and then spend more money buying food outside the resort?

Because after ten days of the NAAFI conditions in the cookhouse we'd had enough. Food was ok but the din got to be unbearable. Needed some quiet time.
Next time just book a villa, that's what I'd do but that's mostly because those type of package holidays to the same resorts 90% of people frequent just don't do it for me. I'd rather go somewhere a bit different and quieter and less touristy.

Next time just book a villa, that's what I'd do but that's mostly because those type of package holidays to the same resorts 90% of people frequent just don't do it for me. I'd rather go somewhere a bit different and quieter and less touristy.
Yeah, we usually do the same but it was a last minute thing. Only booked it the week before. Just wanted some sun and no cooking or owt. Wouldn't do it again.

Yeah, we usually do the same but it was a last minute thing. Only booked it the week before. Just wanted some sun and no cooking or owt. Wouldn't do it again.
You obviously went to the wrong place then. I did two weeks AI in Agadir while you were in Lanzarote. When I checked the prices my 4* in Morocco was the same as a 2* or 3* in the Canaries. We didn't have many chavs there either.

You obviously went to the wrong place then. I did two weeks AI in Agadir while you were in Lanzarote. When I checked the prices my 4* in Morocco was the same as a 2* or 3* in the Canaries. We didn't have many chavs there either.
I wouldn't book an all inclusive holiday anywhere ever.

My brother is visiting. In the time it takes me to eat a single chicken strip and some chips and gravy, he can eat a whole boneless banquet, plus 2 hot wings and a piece of chicken that I didn't want, and the chips he decided that I didn't want.

kfcdingday.jpg

Lunch out for my birthday, Marisqueira restaurant in Silves, Portugal

She had chicken, I tried it, and it was nice
I had golden breem, never tried it before, delicious with Glasgow salad

Hull?

I'm in to ancient history, specifically the prehistoric era so most of my holidays are in the highlands and islands of Scotland as that seems to be where the best preserved monuments are.
The last holiday I had abroad was two years ago when I drove across America from San Francisco to Tampa.

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Good drills. Met a lady at a funeral in the 80s, distant relative of the previous Mr. GRB. Funeral was his Grandfather's.
Said lady reckoned to get at least one free meal a week and all her social life from funerals!

Nice one GRB.

The thread is actually back on the rails!!!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I hesitate to ask this, but ... how many people is that supposed to serve?
Going by the amount of wine glasses on the table, I'd say 2.

Whats the very dark brown/orange thing in the foreground, just to the right of the pot of brown stuff?
I'll give you a clue. We were in KFC.

Latest Threads