Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

Today's lunch. Hopefully the last one there for a while.

View attachment 362704

The sick in a bowl is scotch broth, and was actually quite nice. In fact, all the food's been nice.

Tonight's tucker is a crispy bacon, grass skirts and toast effort, but I made that myself. The bacon is a bit too crispy, if there could be such a thing.

View attachment 362706
You're a guest of Bishop or Darlo's finest again, aren't you?

I remember having scotch broth like that just before I went into Bishop hospitals children's ward back in 1975. The events are probably not connected but I remember getting it stuck in my throat and an ambulance arriving. (I actually had pneumonia and remember watching The World At War on the television above my bed while I was there). Apparently I got special treatment because my dad had taught most of the nurses to drive.

Gan canny pet.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Tonight's tucker is a crispy bacon, grass skirts and toast effort, but I made that myself. The bacon is a bit too crispy, if there could be such a thing.
Made yourself. Does that mean you have been successful on the escape committee again?

Edited to add:
Having seen your offering in another thread you obviously have.

Last edited:
I had visitors tonight and I haven't done a Tezzies shop yet because I don't want to tempt fate so went for a small scooby snack from the chippy.

1542836543832.png

L-R: Fish and curry sauce, combo box - chicken nuggets, onion rings, cod bites, wedges and probably something else with chilli, garlic and sweet chilli dips, chips and battered sausage.

Oscar helped us out with the leftovers. He's a funny little puppy dog.

I had visitors tonight and I haven't done a Tezzies shop yet because I don't want to tempt fate so went for a small scooby snack from the chippy.

View attachment 362909

L-R: Fish and curry sauce, combo box - chicken nuggets, onion rings, cod bites, wedges and probably something else with chilli, garlic and sweet chilli dips, chips and battered sausage.

And you wonder why you're in hospingtile so much?
Still, you only live once, so enjoy it. :party:

I know you're going to think I'm racist, BUT, I haven't had a takeaway or drive in, other than a Chinese, for the last 10 years. I simply do not trust Asian (ME, Indian,Turkish) restaurants, despite enjoying the food.
I know the Chinese can be just as filthy as the rest of us, and having lived in HK for a few years, know only too well but the Chinese don't have the obvious potential of an ulterior motive to shit in our food. As capitalists, they want you to come back
Even some of the franchises that we associate with the West, KFC, Dominos, McDonalds, are owned run and staffed by 'South Asian' ownership.
Be careful out there, with your halal chicken.

Onion bahjis followed by mango chilli king prawns
Out with the lads for a curry.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
I know you're going to think I'm racist, BUT, I haven't had a takeaway or drive in, other than a Chinese, for the last 10 years. I simply do not trust Asian (ME, Indian,Turkish) restaurants, despite enjoying the food.
I know the Chinese can be just as filthy as the rest of us, and having lived in HK for a few years, know only too well but the Chinese don't have the obvious potential of an ulterior motive to shit in our food. As capitalists, they want you to come back
Even some of the franchises that we associate with the West, KFC, Dominos, McDonalds, are owned run and staffed by 'South Asian' ownership.
Be careful out there, with your halal chicken.
Well I’m glad I finished and enjoyed mine before I read your Egon Ronay esq report...

I bet you tell people the ends of films too...

View attachment 362909

What's a Tezzies shop?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer