Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight I Didn't Cook ...

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was on guard in Sennelager one delightful weekend. I got 'spammed' to be IC officers summer ball function venue guard, we got dropped off at some place in Schloss Neuhaus and had to make sure nobody left any bombs or stuff there overnight. The manager of the place gave me the keys to one of the fridges and it was loaded with many steaks, sausages etc and some rabbit food. 'help yourself' he says and heads out, you can use the smaller BBQ outside.

Somehow we ended up with a couple of beers each and sat up all night watching videos, eating way too much food and definitely not guarding anything.

This is what my local small co-op used to bin / give to me out the back door.

Out of date, but still good.
Send us a box of tarts - I love tarts....

Kirkz

LE
Just a small selection of what my local supermarket throws out on a regular basis.

20140425_090651.jpg

20140828_165338-1.jpg

IMG-20150315-WA0001.jpeg

20141228_141732.jpg

Attachments

• 20140425_090651.jpg
    20140425_090651.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 46

Kirkz

LE
I am constantly stunned at the amount of so called waste that is thrown away by supermarkets. I must have saved a fortune by skip diving.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not really, I don't want loads of people getting my freebies ;)
I'm not travelling all the way to Preston to skip dive when I can do it here> Can you not do a correspondence course or an online one?

On BBC1 now. Eat Well for Less.

Wallace and Bavin....they don't have a fucking clue do they really? @Kirkz

Tonight I will not be getting Beef Wellington.... Why not?

Q) What is the similarity between Beef Wellington and a blow job?

A) You will never get either at home.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Some years ago we docked in Montevideo for some unplanned repairs or something.

We were only there for the night and had to be back onboard by midnight (Cinderella leave).

Anyway, after banging some whores, eating a steak the size of a toilet seat and buying a chad cowboy hat, I ended up in the bar of a nice hotel where a wedding was taking place.

Quite unexpectedly they invited us in. So there was me and 6 or 7 oppos in footy shirts, jeans and trainers tearing into a sumptuous wedding buffet and drinking really nice wine, drunkenly trying to chat up the bridesmaids who didn't speak a word of English.

Midnight came way too quickly and we had to run back to the dockyard in order to get onboard on time.

It happened again some years later in Goa, except that wedding lasted for 3 days.

Tonight I will not be getting Beef Wellington.... Why not?

Q) What is the similarity between Beef Wellington and a blow job?

A) You will never get either at home.

Hmmmm... my mother would cook a Beef Wellington about once a year, apparently it was my father's favourite dish.... there are now images in my head I really didn't need to see!

Latest Threads