Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tonight I cooked..........

I can almost taste it.

Almost.

But I absolutely can see what it looks like

And you are indeed correct

I'm adding that to my already long list of reasons why cats piss me off

Don't take it personally, I'm sure it's a lovely dish, and I may well inflict it upon - Oops! I mean prepare it for - my vegetarian Son #3

Who eats so sodding fast, I wonder if he ever actually tastes the food he shovels into himself . . .
Give him a basket and tell him to go forage.

I can almost taste it.

Almost.

But I absolutely can see what it looks like

And you are indeed correct

I'm adding that to my already long list of reasons why cats piss me off

Don't take it personally, I'm sure it's a lovely dish, and I may well inflict it upon - Oops! I mean prepare it for - my vegetarian Son #3

Who eats so sodding fast, I wonder if he ever actually tastes the food he shovels into himself . . .

I think he might notice the tuna, or is he OK with murdering fish? :mrgreen:

Au contraire!

It shows there's no brickies in my family.

Tres couth :-D

One has a man who employs brickies to do that stuff. One is not in the habit of dirtying the hands of one's family, which appears to be your go to solution.

The lack of couth is appalling. One swoons...

So! Stung to the quick by @Joker62 a coupla nights back, and stumbling (as yer do) on a promising recipe for a quick meal, I whipped into the Co-op on the way home last night and bought red onions, braised red cabbage and pork sossinjes.

I got home at at 20:10, immediately sliced and sweated the former before combining with the latter and subsequently adding 200ml of chicken stock and some thyme, cooking comenced at 20:18 and this here photo was tooken at 20:36.

14 minutes later, I was sat sitting eating same with a portion of (microwaved) carrot and swede mash:
View attachment 366453

. . . . which looked a bit like this:
View attachment 366454
. . . except that this was tonight's meal, with the second helping of the sossinjes nuked back to life, and accompanied by wholegrain mustard parsnip and tater mash prepared from scratch (that was nice, and I recommend it)

Good rustic fare, I guess, but with a delayed train on the homebound leg, plus the buying of the ingredients it was 21:30 before I'd eaten and cleared up, before dozing off on Day 1, only to awaken at 02:30 still in my sodding armchair . . . .

Oh - and I had supper with The Doctor tonight . . . last night it was Faye Tozer :-D

- - - - -
ETA: @Joker62 - forgot to say, I've been fahrting like a barsteward all day, and the forecast for tomorrow suggests high pressure areas are likely to the south of my cummerbund too . . . .

@Stonker ..one of these day, you will "cook" that laptop of yours too mate. Careful.

I've already pickled two of them in beer.

I spilt some white wine over mine on one of my early laptops. I did the whole upside down and dry it out thingy and took it to the authorized repair center. For whatever reason they didn't ask any questions and repaired it free of charge. It was under warranty but I wasn't expecting it to be covered for spills of mine own doing. Anyways, got lucky I guess.