Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tonight I cooked..........

Just having a light lunch.
IMG_20181116_153551_zpshnwrdv5x.jpg

Something I haven't had since I was a kid, pease pudding with a homemade onion burger.

Admittedly this pudding was from a tin but I can remember my mum cooking a huge potful and homemade bread for the 6 of us in the 50's when we were down to the last shilling for the gas meter, which happened a few times.

Ah, the good old days.

Ish.

View attachment 361941

Looks very tasty.

It was pretty good, when the thermometer plunges I'll make my own with a bag of yellow split peas.
Out of interest, is your onion burger an onion burger, or a meatball encased in onion . . or summink else

I'm genuinely interested, either way

Especially interested if it's meat and savoury onions!

Out of interest, is your onion burger an onion burger, or a meatball encased in onion . . or summink else

I'm genuinely interested, either way

Especially interested if it's meat and savoury onions!

It was minced beef with herbs, a small amount of breadcrumbs, and a fair amount of lightly fried onions added to the mince before being shaped in a burger ring, then grilled.

Me said:
Apart from the meat in the burger you mean?

If onion in a onion burger is meat, in the same way that chicken is occasionally designated a vegetable in my #3 son's somewhat elastic vegetarian regime . . .

It was minced beef with herbs, a small amount of breadcrumbs, and a fair amount of lightly fried onions added to the mince before being shaped in a burger ring, then grilled.

Boom! Whenever you're ready to retract, @Stonker :)