Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tonight I cooked..........

I made myself a light bin snackette of Waitrose lemon and spiced apricot hummus on toasted sourdough boule, with a selection of Aldi tapas , and black sable grapes.
IMG_20181112_002304_zpsywzzttp9.jpg

Proberly finish with filter coffee and chocolate creams, though I could be tempted to the caramel Swiss roll with creme fresh.
You sophisticate, you.

You and your better class of bin-fodder :)

Barnsley chop, mustard and honey parsnip mash, pak choi, red wine gravy
View attachment 361215
We went to a restaurant recently where they advertised Barnsley Chop on the menu, decided that was for me. You can imagine the look on my face when the plate turned up with 2 of the smallest lamb cutlets turned up which had also been French trimmed to within an inch of their lives, it was basically an eye of meat on a bone. OH told me not to say a word but we definitely won't be going back again!

We went to a restaurant recently where they advertised Barnsley Chop on the menu, decided that was for me. You can imagine the look on my face when the plate turned up with 2 of the smallest lamb cutlets turned up which had also been French trimmed to within an inch of their lives, it was basically an eye of meat on a bone. OH told me not to say a word but we definitely won't be going back again!
I think I'd have ignored the OH and sent the fecker back, FFS, robbing pretentious bastards.

Did some brown earlier. Er indoors said it was cottage pie. Tasted ok with some mash on top and some grated cheddar. HP fruity sauce finished it off nicely.

IMG_20181112_162858_crop_817x507.jpg

Roasted a pork loin joint in my Dutch oven on the coals inside my wood burning stove.

Bushcraft cookery but indoors without any of the outdoors " unpleasantness ".

IMG_20181112_222227_zpsdnflayiq.jpg

Put the joint on a trivet.
IMG_20181112_212237_zps7dk2hznd.jpg

Clean your stove you dirty bastard.
IMG_20181112_221936_zpsjr198w49.jpg

Take lid off and crisp up the crackling.
IMG_20181112_222112_zpsdv49q0jy.jpg

Serve on Willow pattern only.

Roasted a pork loin joint in my Dutch oven on the coals inside my wood burning stove.

Bushcraft cookery but indoors without any of the outdoors " unpleasantness ".

IMG_20181112_222227_zpsdnflayiq.jpg

Put the joint on a trivet.
IMG_20181112_212237_zps7dk2hznd.jpg

Clean your stove you dirty bastard.
IMG_20181112_221936_zpsjr198w49.jpg

Take lid off and crisp up the crackling.
IMG_20181112_222112_zpsdv49q0jy.jpg

Serve on Willow pattern only.

Is the stove in your shed?

.......and real bacon!

Bisto is gettable, and I do have a couple stashed away but, it just seem's to have vanished from the shelves of the usual suspects.

I ordered a shitload from Amazon about a month ago, coming from the UK, but it seems to be AWOL. Should have been delivered last week.

Dunno why I can't buy it locally anymore, same as you. Banning grey market imports?

View attachment 361366
Posh Sausage and Beans - Cassoulet! Made with a ‘gourmet’ mix from the local farm shop (where I bought the sausages), red peppers, red onions, plum tomatoes, chopped chorizo and a tin of haricot beans. Served with baked potatoes. Very nice.
There's no fowl in that there "cassoulet", so - lush as it looks, that label's off by a large margin, I'm pretty sure.