Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tonight I cooked..........

I think you will find that it’s actually a bad idea, a very bad idea. You see, Roadster is British by birth and by virtue of that is morally obliged to use (and promote the useage) of Her majesty the queen’s English.

I’m currently in the process of authoring a strongly worded letter to the COs and the editor of The Daily Telegraph regarding this terrible slip in standards. I shall also be calling for suitable sanctions be placed upon him in respect of this. At the very least, I think a beheading would be appropriate.

I quite agree; however, so are you. I've always felt that British people are tolerant, so I will forgive the failure to capitalise "Majesty" and "Queen". :)

The simple life, Kielbasa Jersy royals and French beans:

simple.jpg

Because I'm addicted to kimchi but too tight to keep paying €25 A tub, I did a bit of google-fu and made my own.

Ingredients were 2 napa or Chinese type cabbage, scallions, white radish and carrot. Spice mix is Korean red pepper flakes, ginger,garlic, fish sauce, bit of sugar and loads of salt- to mix with the cabbage for two hrs before rinsing.

Rinse cabbage then mix everything together before sticking in a couple of large jars. It'll ferment at room temp for 5 days then after a week in fridge it's ready to scoff. It'll last a year in the fridge.

cf7261fbd8c9674d8f88207ac49ede73.jpg
8b42743c63d92d419eab5362b472e2e8.jpg

Chicken drumsticks. Some sort of spicy marinade with Korean chilli sauce, brown sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, half a tin of chopped tomatoes, half a ton of chilli flakes, ground black pepper and probably something else, I forget. Shoved them in the oven for an hour or so.

spice2.jpg

They look like road kill, but the chaps said they were quite nice.

spice1.jpg

See the "5" on the boogiebox? That's quite apt, because I'm making them listen to 5ive's CD every day to try and force them to hurry and finish the job. It's not working, so it might have to be Girls Aloud next week.

And due to an Arrseoutfall, so to speak, I bought a new kitchen gadget to play with.
This one will be used quite often and won't be lurking in a cupboard for years or seen in a charity shop.

Answers on a postcard to Porkbrain Towers, with a lightly soiled sheet of kitchen paper as first prize.

DSCN1981.JPG