Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tonight I cooked..........

Yeah, conductivity is a bitch.

Try Kuhn Rikon silicone ones.

Mind you, you still have to look out for the bit above the mitt.

A few evenings ago I mostly cooked my hand.

View attachment 331157

Yet another DCI.

yow!
Burnaid burngel works, sachets or bottles.

oven gloves here, including KR (don't like the vogue ones, bit flimsy)
Searching for “oven gloves” - Buy Online at Nisbets

personal choice is traditional big oven cloth, tha act of having to fold it makes me think twice about just grabbing smething
Searching for “oven cloths” - Buy Online at Nisbets

and one day, I might splash out on anti-idiot tubing ;)
Silicone Oven Shelf Edge Protector Guards X2 | Lakeland

Yeah, conductivity is a bitch.

Try Kuhn Rikon silicone ones.

Mind you, you still have to look out for the bit above the mitt.

A few evenings ago I mostly cooked my hand.

View attachment 331157

Yet another DCI.

yow!

personal choice is traditional big oven cloth, tha act of having to fold it makes me think twice about just grabbing smething

Fùck me, do you not realise that little scorch marks on skin are a rite of passage. It teaches you not to be so stupid again, the old "Once bitten, twice shy" scenario. Poofs, the lot of you (mainly those who can't handle a bit of pain though). Going out of your way to buy things so that you can touch a hot shelf is just girly, learn from your mistakes!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

yow!

I keep an Aloe cactus plant and just break off a piece and rub the sap on any burns, works a treat and soothes
the burn instantly.

96385-02-BAKIE_20150708103851.jpg

Fùck me, do you not realise that little scorch marks on skin are a rite of passage. It teaches you not to be so stupid again, the old "Once bitten, twice shy" scenario. Poofs, the lot of you (mainly those who can't handle a bit of pain though). Going out of your way to buy things so that you can touch a hot shelf is just girly, learn from your mistakes!

well yeah...fingers x'd ,no burns for a while...galley kitchen at home, about 4' across, getting stuff out of the oven is a contortion, mostley when one is tired and a fckwit at the best of times ;)

Bone question here - how does one acquire them ? Are they on a seed catalogue or does one have to frequent public woodland with a spade and a balaclava ?

I think they like quite shady areas, so yeah, woods. Places we used to go camping had loads, much fun pushing people down a slope into them :).
Wild garlic =- ramsons?
from memory, they look a bit like daffodils before the flowers (PS do not eat daffodils..Gerald!;) )

yow!

I keep an Aloe cactus plant and just break off a piece and rub the sap on any burns, works a treat and soothes
the burn instantly.

96385-02-BAKIE_20150708103851.jpg
Aloe is a stunning piece of pain relief, we use it when out in the Canaries for sun burn, one of the locals showed us how to use it.

Bone question here - how does one acquire them ? Are they on a seed catalogue or does one have to frequent public woodland with a spade and a balaclava ?
Grows wild over here in wooded shady areas but will grow just about anywhere, I just dug a few up from the local woods and stuck them in a pot on the back step, also took @Joker62 a couple last year.
Looks like this and has a small white bulb at the base.

Wild-Garlic-Flatbreads-8329.jpg

Did you pick it up?
Worth £5 + on eBay them.

Funny enough it was in two bits and I sort of “clicked it together, it was massive. Took the photo for my grandson.

Shortly after that I lost the fücking phone, strange how the photo was able to upload to “the cloud” from the wilds of Donegal!

Caulicheese and broccoli baked potatoes with cheapo mystery "bacon".

View attachment 331452

It's not my oven, so don't have a pop. It's a NEFF Slide and Hide, which I thought I really really wanted for the new house, but after giving it a test run, I've decided that paying £300+ for a fancy oven door isn't really worth it. I could buy an awful lot of shoes with that.

View attachment 331453

Don't touch the plate. "Ow".
Get yourself a Neff double oven no fancy doors but a great oven. I got one just before Christmas with my new kitchen, can't fault it, heats up really fast and cooks everything very evenly. Top oven is great for grilling and doing other stuff like a pudding when the bottom main oven is full.