Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tonight I cooked..........

Too right.

I used to have an electric chip fryer, complete with lid and filter.

It stank out my flat each time that I used it and was an absolute bastard to clean.

So yes, I do use oven chips when I fancy them, just as Jarrod uses Lidl frozen goose fat roasting spuds when he can't be arsed to do them from scratch.

Eh Eh Calm down our kid.

eh-eh-alright.jpg

Never seen them outside of Lancashire before, but Iceland sell them........

1518895812463.png

Hollands steak and kidney puddings.

When I was younger, I'd be running up and down ladders, scuba- diving, sailing Lasers, and pumping iron down at the gym......... afterwards down at the pub for a few beers, then home clutching pudden, peas, chips and grayveh, from the Hip Tung, halfway between the pub and my house, in Stockport.

32" waist, glowing with health........ a rare treat now.

Attachments

• 1518896372140.png
    1518896372140.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 11
Slow cooked mustard and horseradish lamb chops.

@Kirkz this makes really delicious brown stuff and is great for cheaper lamb chops. I've never tried this recipe with shin or slices of stewing steak, but imagine it would be good. Can recommend that you will like it....

Liberally smear both sides of meat with jar type ready made mustard then do the same with jar type horseradish sauce and place in slow cooker. To a decent sized jug, add (maybe more if a lot) a crumbled beef OXO cube and a heaped teaspoon of flour, then gradually stir in a quarter pint of boiling water and add a further teaspoon of both mustard and horseradish, pour into slow cooker around chops then use any setting to suit your time, and cook until really tender. When ready, I remove chops and just stir up and boil the resulting sauce for a bit. Simple, plain and delicious.

IMG_20180216_171500416.jpg

Slow cooked mustard and horseradish lamb chops.

@Kirkz this makes really delicious brown stuff and is great for cheaper lamb chops. I've never tried this recipe with shin or slices of stewing steak, but imagine it would be good. Can recommend that you will like it....

Liberally smear both sides of meat with jar type ready made mustard then do the same with jar type horseradish sauce and place in slow cooker. To a decent sized jug, add (maybe more if a lot) a crumbled beef OXO cube and a heaped teaspoon of flour, then gradually stir in a quarter pint of boiling water and add a further teaspoon of both mustard and horseradish, pour into slow cooker around chops then use any setting to suit your time, and cook until really tender. When ready, I remove chops and just stir up and boil the resulting sauce for a bit. Simple, plain and delicious.

View attachment 322704
That looks seriously good - I'll give it a try with the mustard and horseradish next week.

Too right.

I used to have an electric chip fryer, complete with lid and filter.

It stank out my flat each time that I used it and was an absolute bastard to clean.

So yes, I do use oven chips when I fancy them, just as Jarrod uses Lidl frozen goose fat roasting spuds when he can't be arsed to do them from scratch.
Awful smelly things, I had one and binned it, really does need a chip pan.