Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tonight I cooked..........

Quiche and salad
20200529_175704_resized.jpg

Something new for me tonight, chargrilled Italian style spring onions wrapped in dry cured green streaky bacon.

Well worth a try, and with 8 streaky rashers tightly wrapped around 3 large, and very fresh, spring onions it was really good.

DSCN5117.JPG

Your sense of geography is absolutely shite. While actual Cheshire, in the form of Crewe, is just the other side of the weirdly named “D Road” (AKA A500), the specific bit of Cheshire where I grew up (later Merseyside) is fcuking miles away. Indeed Crewe is one of those places that while it exists, and belongs to the Three Wheatsheaves, one tries to forget that it exists, for it is only half a step above the likes of Burslem and Fenton.

Crewe is a septic boil on the arse of the world. Stoke (which doesn’t actually exist) is an adjacent **** fistula.

The D road is so named because so many apt words start with D

Death
Depression
Diarrhoea
Drug Dependency
Dependency
Disillusion

You get the idea

To get back on thread, I was recently coerced into eating “an award winning oatcake” from a stall just down from The Grotteries Centre. To replicate the experience, boil an old G10 blanket in turpentine and serve when cold.

Crewe is a septic boil on the arse of the world. Stoke (which doesn’t actually exist) is an adjacent **** fistula.

Death
Depression
Diarrhoea
Drug Dependency
Dependency
Disillusion

You get the idea

To get back on thread, I was recently coerced into eating “an award winning oatcake” from a stall just down from The Grotteries Centre. To replicate the experience, boil an old G10 blanket in turpentine and serve when cold.
If you spin off the top end you get to Alsager and Crewe quicker.
Make of that what you will.

Death
Depression
Diarrhoea
Drug Dependency
Dependency
Disillusion

You get the idea

But.... You're from Crewe!!!

Salmon, avocado and baby plum tomato knock up. Cream and some Saint Agur to finish.
Sounds disgusting I know but it's delicious. All the flavours complement each other.

20200530_004118.jpg

But.... You're from Crewe!!!

No, I is originally from Bristol my lover. I now live near Crewe, regrettably near to the extent that the things I need to do like builders merchants and the bloody bank are in Crewe. The Authorities occasionally decree that I must accompany her to the Grotteries Potteries Centre in Sturk Stoke so that she can ask and then ignore my opinions on her proposed purchases.

The only saving graces for the places are as I say, decent builders merchants and each has a half decent bulk buy butcher, Longmans in Crewe and Wayne Walker in Stoke.

Has anyone ever ate tripe by choice? By that I mean you went to the butchers with a full wallet and you've eschewed steak/pork chops/etc, in favour of tripe?

I watched the film Spring and Port Wine* recently and they have Frank Winsor eating tripe. To me, the only reason I'd eat tripe is because I was on a desert island and I'd already ate my leather shoes & belt.
MiL loved it, as Does my Dad...
It just smells like slaughter house floor to me.
Got asked to find some for a Portuguese lad doing a job here a while back....
It took some getting hold of, even my traditional contacts were slow in delivering.
He cooked it for ever in lots of red wine and port etc. T'was bloody good, but he might as well used a lump of thick cardboard for all it mattered .

Dad smothers it in pepper and vinegar (same with cow heel)....

An old fella here still makes brawn.....

Now we're talking! :hungry:

No, I is originally from Bristol my lover. I now live near Crewe, regrettably near to the extent that the things I need to do like builders merchants and the bloody bank are in Crewe. The Authorities occasionally decree that I must accompany her to the Grotteries Potteries Centre in Sturk Stoke so that she can ask and then ignore my opinions on her proposed purchases.

The only saving graces for the places are as I say, decent builders merchants and each has a half decent bulk buy butcher, Longmans in Crewe and Wayne Walker in Stoke.
There used to be a superb curry house in Crewe, opened in the 1950s and still in the same family.

Salmon, avocado and baby plum tomato knock up. Cream and some Saint Agur to finish.
Sounds disgusting I know but it's delicious. All the flavours complement each other.

View attachment 477769
Years ago when I dated a vegie bint (shudder, never again) on coming home from the pub she said she was hungry, so I wilted some spinach in a pan then put in some cheese, cream and cherry tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper and served it on toast. She loved it and requested it quite often after that and always the same way saying "can you make that what's in the fridge dish again".