Tonight I cooked..........

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Jorrocks, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's fried egg sandwich, FFS, you don't need a degree to make one of those.

2. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Im a women, we can make the simplest thing hard ;o)

3. My 5 year old grand daughter has been demanding egg banjos from the age of 3, when she walked down the stairs telling me she wanted an egg banjo!!

4. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

I clearly need better influences lol

5. Did you not have "Eggy bread" as a child, or French toast for you posh F**kers, an Egg Banjo is only one up from "Soldiers" and boiled egg

6. A fried egg sandwich is just that, a fried egg between two slices of homepride. An egg banjo however is a different fish. Take one egg, fry it in some sort of container using some sort of oil, place the result between two slices of stale mud and oil covered bread and eat whilst freezing.

7. Fnaar. ;)

8. If my loader ever served that crap I would have bitten his fingers off

9. Your loader probably added the contents of his helmet to your banjo. Did your brews taste different when you made them yourself?

10. No way I trained him well, when I was a loader I used to keep my crew so well fed, and the fact that I could make tea and sarnies on a battle run, prooved that I to had been well and hygenicaly trained, Thank you S,Sgt Geordy D, 2nd Troop,Bsqn Senne 1968

11. A small defenceless lamb in it's own blood.

12. 2 x slices bread - toaster
    1 x can beans - microwave
    1/8 bottle hot chilli powder + dash of Habanero Tabasco

13. Tomato and chipotle soup and fresh bread with garlic butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Followed by sticky ginger cake with ice cream.
    And washed down with a two year old bottle of homebrew dry ginger mead.

14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Steak lightly fried. Roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and onion. I did the latter by par boiling the potatoes (quartered but with their skins) and sweet potatoes in the microwave for 8 mins adding the carrots and onion at the 4 min point. Then adding a spoonfull of lazy chilly and lazy garlic a dash of herbs some honey and olive oil shaking until the veg had a good covering laying on a tray and sticking in the oven for 30 mins. mmmmmmmm!

15. A shoebox containing 2 kinds of doner meat, chicken nuggets, onion rings, fries and salad. :D