Tonight I cooked..........

Egg bennies
20220703_095631.jpg

Bacon and Scrambled Burford Browns on toast just now.
B7C2DF3C-EDB3-4862-8878-ABBBC47D60C4.jpeg

I would die for some bacon like that. I just can't get it here. The box heads idea of bacon is what we call streaky in Blighty. Not the same. Grr.
I share your pain - lived in Germany for years. At least back then, we could get the British stuff in the NAAFI Shops, but I suspect that is no longer an option for you. Which part of Germany do you live?
The Bacon we had this morning was Tesco’s Finest, which is passable, but I’d normally get it from one of the many excellent Farm Shops around here. We are blessed right enough!

I share your pain - lived in Germany for years. At least back then, we could get the British stuff in the NAAFI Shops, but I suspect that is no longer an option for you. Which part of Germany do you live?
The Bacon we had this morning was Tesco’s Finest, which is passable, but I’d normally get it from one of the many excellent Farm Shops around here. We are blessed right enough!

I'm in a small town called Sulingen in Lower Saxony. I have a card for the NAAFI down in Paderborn but it's a bit of a trek for us.
I'll probably have a run down there and get some for the freezer one day soon.

I'm in a small town called Sulingen in Lower Saxony. I have a card for the NAAFI down in Paderborn but it's a bit of a trek for us.
Don't you have deli's that do bacon from Denmark. I understand that's where most of the UK's bacon comes from...

Heres a thought - try making your own ? A mate does, and its pretty good !

Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
'Twas only a year ago. How long did it take to heal?
A week or two I think. The lack of prints allowed me to embark on a most enjoyable crime spree…

There is now a burns kit in the kitchen!

964ST

LE
There is now a burns kit in the kitchen!
With a Burns kit „Aide Memoire“?

1. Piping in the guests
  2. Chairman's welcome
  3. The Selkirk Grace (see below)
  4. The Parade of the Haggis
  5. Address to the haggis
  6. Toast to the haggis
  7. The meal
  8. The Toast to the Ladies
  9. The responding Toast to the Men
  10. Drinking and possibly Scottish Dancing or other entertainment relating to Rabbie Burns

Home made egg pasta with the amatriciana sauce based on Marcella Hazan's sauce (a big nod to @Bubbles_Barker for the heads up on that) and smoked paprika pork belly rather than pancetta
20220703_175801.jpg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Marcella Hazan = greatest tomato sauce ever...
I think it runs carbonara close. I made double quantities so there's some in the freezer for Ron to just stir into some spaghetti when I need a quick pasta fix.

Latest Threads