Tonight I cooked..........

Whisky gravy looks interesting. Any chance you could post the recipe please?

Very hot pan on the stove, large glug of whisky and flame, add chicken stock, boil then thicken to taste with the original Bisto gravy powder while whisking.

bisto.jpg

Flank steak and spuds off the grill, canned veg and a side salad. Fresh veg has been piss poor at present from our supermarket, so canned is the least worst option. The salad seems OK, but everything else seems to be in poor shape on the refrigerated shelves.

767C5771-10EA-496D-8547-66076A027AC9.jpeg

Flank steak and spuds off the grill, canned veg and a side salad. Fresh veg has been piss poor at present from our supermarket, so canned is the least worst option. The salad seems OK, but everything else seems to be in poor shape on the refrigerated shelves.

View attachment 673848
The informative for the info on supermarket veg. It's the same this side of the pond as well in the last few months.

I never knew all the decent veg also came from Ukraine or so it seems.

Had an extra steak from the other day, so did steak ‘n chips for lunch today. Proper @Kirkz-type chips, hand cut and deep fried. Drowned in S&V, and Colman’s for the steak. It was very nice!

View attachment 672655

OCD still not sorted, I see...

Back in the sandpit and you jammy bastards are driving me nuts with all this good scoff. Everything here is bite size pieces of barely identifiable meat, boiled/raw/greasy veg and tasteless salads courtesy of the Chinese cooks.

All I have to console myself is the two ammo boxes of biltong, chorico, cabanossi, landjager and dry wors I brought along.

Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Home made meatballs, spaghetti and Marcella Hazan’s unforgettable tomato sauce:

BF4D7561-462B-4E6A-AFF6-C41523552B42.jpeg

With simple chopping board and crockery to help @Roadster280 ’s OCD.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Food looks excellent!

If I have OCD, it is because of my Army service.

Nothing wrong with being neat, anyway :)
And don't think I'm going to respond again in mine - took me ages to work it out!

Beans, Pancetta and Fried Onions on Sourdough Toast tonight. Simple, but lovely.
E1C1BC66-C7FA-4A5C-8F3D-A752108B358A.jpeg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
A bit of lorne sausage and black pudding with toms, English muffins and eggs. Traditional today as that was the first breakfast cooked for the locals by the first Canadian settlers……………………. I might have made that up. Anyway happy Canada Day cooking arrsers

AC6C67F0-365C-48EE-BC53-3035447A6A43.jpeg

Latest Threads