Tonight I cooked..........

20220623_172450_compress61.jpg

Haunch of venison, potatoes, courgettes and gravy tonight.

That looks very good indeed. On seeing your post I had a look at various recipes, both for chicken and beef. Many of them asked for some fairly esoteric ingredients, such as Chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce, and Mexican chocolate. Are these, or substitutes, easily available ? Please forgive my ignorance, but my knowledge of Mexican cooking starts, and abruptly stops, with Old El Paso tortilla kits.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
That looks very good indeed. On seeing your post I had a look at various recipes, both for chicken and beef. Many of them asked for some fairly esoteric ingredients, such as Chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce, and Mexican chocolate. Are these, or substitutes, easily available ? Please forgive my ignorance, but my knowledge of Mexican cooking starts, and abruptly stops, with Old El Paso tortilla kits.
Most are available in good supermarkets.

Rab_C

LE
The ancho chillies and chipotle paste in my recipe are from Sainsburys and I use an Aldi 85% cocoa solid chocolate .
The sides are re-fried beans, sour cream, guacamole and tomatillo salsa, again all available from Sainsburys.
Here’s my recipe: Chicken mole with coriander rice recipe | BBC Good Food
sometimes we do the rice, last night we wanted tortillas.

colinmc400

War Hero
So chaps and chapess's, as we approach the weekend and whatever culinary delights we might rustle up, the one thought i would leave you with in your efforts, "COLOUR". Get plenty of colour in your offerings, as poached fish/chicken and steamed veg etc just doesn't cut it. Its BBQ season, so flame grilled or roasted is so much more appealing to the eye.

To your cooking duties, carry on!

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
So chaps and chapess's, as we approach the weekend and whatever culinary delights we might rustle up, the one thought i would leave you with in your efforts, "COLOUR". Get plenty of colour in your offerings, as poached fish/chicken and steamed veg etc just doesn't cut it. Its BBQ season, so flame grilled or roasted is so much more appealing to the eye.

To your cooking duties, carry on!
I'll leave you with one word...
Brown.

Google ‘rumtopf’.
You will need, above all, patience.
I'm after some advice. First time making rumtopf. What do people use to wieght the fruit down? All of my plates are too big.
TIA

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm after some advice. First time making rumtopf. What do people use to wieght the fruit down? All of my plates are too big.
TIA
Saucer?

ehwhat

Old-Salt
Made cherry strudel for tea today. Meant to get a photo of them after icing them but the tots descended when I was in the cupboard...
Never turn your back on grandchildren.

Attachments

• Cherry Strudel.jpg
    Cherry Strudel.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Chinese style chicken curry and rice.

20220624_193707.jpg

Latest Threads