Tonight I cooked..........

Tonight's efforts

L'aperitif
20220528_170002_resized_1.jpg

Black pudding, chicken and jersey royals terrine, broken piccalilli, toasted walnuts.
20220528_183255_resized.jpg

Calves liver, bayonne ham crisp, sauteed jersey royals, sultana and caper puree, sage salsa Verde, crispy onion rings, red wine reduction.
20220528_190503_resized.jpg

Strawberries, strawberry icecream, clotted cream, mint.
20220528_194634_resized(1).jpg

Quesadillas?

Indeed, queso is an accepted diminutive in English...

“Queso” is cheese. For example:

Shush, you have been corrupted since you moved to uncivilised climes, cheese does not come in screwtop jars (unless it's a fine Stilton in a Bone China pot) and is most certainly not squirty in any circumstances....

You seem to have been tarnished by heathen native practices....

The collective will pray for your ungodly soul...

JB

I am of course referring to the true language of the Gods, Her Majesty's Queen's English, not the mumbled arcane corrupted Americanisms that have bastardised a thing of beauty...

Some, less charitable than I, mights say the same of the natives...

JB

Uh huh.

Queso means cheese in Spanish. That is all.

But given the game I’m watching at present, just fvcking throw it in the bin :D

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Because I actually use the OED.
The cooking thread can be really nice and relaxing to read knowing there’s always some thing worth trying

in saying that I would love kirkz or humble tiler, to visit dirty dicks cafe on the keppochill rd they would marvel at the delights inside.
Sometimes you need to laugh and chortle otherwise you turn out Dour n full,of gloom

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The cooking thread can be really nice and relaxing to read knowing there’s always some thing worth trying

in saying that I would love kirkz or humble tiler, to visit dirty dicks cafe on the keppochill rd they would marvel at the delights inside.
Sometimes you need to laugh and chortle otherwise you turn out Dour n full,of gloom

OK, and Arrse.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
course I have , plenty of times bud
Right, so don't try and tell me how to do something really simple.
It's not the first time I've cooked said meal.
Sh1t happens and I anit gonna waste it.

Right, so don't try and tell me how to do something really simple.
It's not the first time I've cooked said meal.
Sh1t happens and I anit gonna waste it.
Send it my way as i'm hank marvin here, there was no offence meant. I got told my eggs were snotty the other week, to me fine. If you have seen a few of my posts on chip butties.... I did one and i might as well have had charcoal sticks, just because i needed the little boys room . As you say shit happens every once in a while bud

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Send it my way as i'm hank marvin here, there was no offence meant. I got told my eggs were snotty the other week, to me fine. If you have seen a few of my posts on chip butties.... I did one and i might as well have had charcoal sticks, just because i needed the little boys room . As you say shit happens every once in a while bud
Yeah, that was me, I like a snotty egg which is why I was miffed when I broke it.

Breakfast today. Scrambled Burford Browns, Roast Tomatoes with Pancetta, on Sourdough Toast.
2D015929-A123-4495-BAC2-33D46CD23CA1.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads