Tonight I cooked..........

Ecosse

On ROPS
On ROPs
Good morning.
My Mrs is going to buy a slow cooker, what would you chefs recommend.
I'm as much a chef as a brain surgeon, but.....sort of decently competent...just.
At most.

Get one with an Auto option whatever you do.
The Auto gives the bowl a quick start to required temps then settles down to do it's job.
Use my two for decades( yes 2).
Saves a mint on batch cooking and cheaper cuts etc. I'd be boogered without them now.

Now our lad is gone it's just Wife and I recently got a wee 1.5 litre job to do our smaller stuff. Brill wee thing.

I'm doing a Tai soup in it just now. It'll get partially liquidised later.

TBH, the things are so cheap, there is a case for getting a little ' un and the usual 3/5 litre big boy.
With power bills hiking, you can cook a nice meal for two using the power of a light bulb for a few hours.

Good morning.
My Mrs is going to buy a slow cooker, what would you chefs recommend.

Instant Pot electric pressure cooker (or knock off thereof). Also works as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer etc. I rarely use our actual crock pot these days, the oval bowl is a pain in the arrse in the dishwasher, where the cylindrical shape of the pressure cooker vessel is each easier to deal with.

Ecosse

On ROPS
On ROPs
Instant Pot electric pressure cooker (or knock off thereof). Also works as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer etc. I rarely use our actual crock pot these days, the oval bowl is a pain in the arrse in the dishwasher, where the cylindrical shape of the pressure cooker vessel is each easier to deal with.
My dishwasher never complains.
Knows better.:oops:

Cleaned out the fridge of leftover beef, ham etc, which went in a Mexican-themed bake.

7C1AEF0E-2634-4585-A98B-3AD57386DB48.jpeg

E238C78E-BAE8-4E59-91AE-90267074C30C.jpeg

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to dread that on my visits to friends in Canada.........

And on the seventh day........ the Canucks served all the shite they couldn't finish the previous week from the fridge........

And the Kirkz said.... "FFS, that's what dumpsters are for..... "
No charge, mukker.
Thought I'd get that in before anyone else does.

I used to dread that on my visits to friends in Canada.........

And on the seventh day........ the Canucks served all the shite they couldn't finish the previous week from the fridge........

And the Lord said.... "FFS, that's what dumpsters are for..... "

Yes, well, I’m not in Canada. No maple syrup was harmed in this production :D

Edited to add: I haven’t got a dumpster (or any other kind of external bin) either!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Ham, egg and chips a day or two ago:
376E5917-133E-45CE-8C0E-5113ECA112B9.jpeg
11865FF2-45C8-48C4-8D43-B024E59F9409.jpeg

Followed by leftover ham, cheesy pasta bake…

549EB2FA-A076-43AD-A196-D590DAA1D522.jpeg
BE5AE1D0-61A4-499D-8CF2-778906C13387.jpeg

Latest Threads