Slow cooked Barnsley Chop mit vegetables and port wine gravy
20220522_184331_resized.jpg

Lemon meringue pie
20220522_193832_resized.jpg

20220522_194038_resized.jpg

RangdoOfArg

LE
Book Reviewer
Went shop this am and bought pork fillet. Did that with roast spudders, shop bought yorkies and veg.
Mrs R off the steroids, so no appetite. She had some of everything and enjoyed making the gravy.
Veg into bubble and squeak.
Pork into something vaguely Chinese. Possibly.
No phots as didn’t think.

I’m three sheets to the wind, as I have been most of the day, but was pretty busy in the kitchen today while the football was on, and afterwards.

Ribs. Winners for the use of.

37531C96-891C-42FE-A5BD-67892B4AFB73.jpeg

Bratties.

A8323BD8-7263-4BC7-ABB1-F9353FB18183.jpeg

Took the opportunity to BBQ some bread rolls. Yes, you read that right. I win :)

E97BCD65-68FC-4C91-A828-6E032AE28575.jpeg

On the table with BBQ corn, twice-baked potatoes, store-bought chicken and sausage bites (fkn losers) and a glass of vino.

F7A212C0-0B8C-477D-9283-A5F9D22F02B5.jpeg

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
Husband managed a 1/4 by himself. He's a piglet in the making.

I'll take some for lunch on Tuesday.

My family have always done it this way..... the gravy is to die for.

Take the chunked up potatoes, finely sliced onion and carrot, add to about a pint of water in a large saucepan, and boil for about 7- 8 minutes, then stir through the corned beef for a couple of minutes, then drain, keeping all the liquid seperate.

Make the pie as normal, my favourite gravy is the old- fashioned powder Bisto in the brown box, make the gravy up to about a pint or a little more, nicely thick, with green veg or best of all, mushy peas on the side.

Tool

LE
I always finish it off by shoving the runny topped (but golden brown base) effort in the nuke machine on a plate for a minute or so to firm up the bumnuggets.

Boiling spuds a good call. I'll try it with skins on and sliced with a razor sharp cleaver to avoid partially mashed murphy. Chuck on top of onions while they fry, mix up a bit then add the egg.

ETA: A pinch of ground cumin over the potatoes before the egg goes in gives it a nice lift.
Don't worry about mashing the unpeeled potatoes - the crispy skin adds flavour. Also sling a bit of paprika (preferrably hot, but smoked will do) instead of the cumin on them.

Don't worry about mashing the unpeeled potatoes - the crispy skin adds flavour. Also sling a bit of paprika (preferrably hot, but smoked will do) instead of the cumin on them.

Don't want them mashed. Thin slices for Spanish tortilla con batatas. I like the bite of cumin but the smoked paprika might do the job. It does tend to be a bit sweet though.

Cumin goes well with spuds.

Beef stroganoff with rice and vegetables this evening.
3085F28C-73F8-4AF1-B4FE-7E52D07C3D45.jpeg

Tool

LE
Don't want them mashed. Thin slices for Spanish tortilla con batatas. I like the bite of cumin but the smoked paprika might do the job. It does tend to be a bit sweet though.

Cumin goes well with spuds.
I agree with the thin slices. Just saying that if you slice them but the peel is a bit random, it can add flavour as it crisps. As for cumin - too much and I am reminded of my son's dirty socks.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs

Try the Rosti in packets in Home Bargains, about 80p ..... add to a little oil in a frying pan, gently chivvy about until crisped up, then add some whisked egg, as suggested, or just divide into 2 portions and add a fried egg on top, plus bacon sausage etc.