Tonight I cooked..........

Much the same as t’other night, but dolphin noses vice chips. I have to say, fried egg is ferkin lush (apologies to @Ortholith and @clothears - one who hates them and one who likes them but is intolerant of them).

3B17C55F-846C-4CB9-9D8D-97A6D93E93B6.jpeg

Like I said being allergic to food must be awful, Mrs RM's mate is one of those celerys (coeliac) and cant eat fcuk all, can't even drink beer or whisky.
I have foods I dislike and don't eat, having your body make that choice for you must be shit. How does it happen?
We are all pretty much the same animal after all.

Double spuds! Are you Irish?
Yep the Irish have a reputation for their spud bashing. In Münster - 1980 - we heard that the Irish Guards were being posted in. Lots of gags about the NAAFI having to put more spuds out. Me being duty Paddy put them straight “Not spuds but watch the tea shelves”

Friday, casserole day.

Poulet au vin blanc
20220520_183019_resized.jpg

20220520_183736_resized.jpg

Tonight.
Griddled venison grill steaks (from the reduced section at morrisons so about 20p) with fried onions and griddled peppers. Fresh made salad and Croquettes.
20220520_192301.jpg

Last edited:
Today I made my first ever sourdough loaf.
Seven days making the starter, everything done according to the experts.

Looked great but was not as light and fluffy and full of holes as a great loaf is.

Any bakers out there ?

Today I made my first ever sourdough loaf.
Seven days making the starter, everything done according to the experts.

Looked great but was not as light and fluffy and full of holes as a great loaf is.

Any bakers out there ?

Quite a few master ones on here.

Watched a repeat of Rick Stein Secret France so inspired to make a bouillabaisse based cod and prawn stew this evening.
20220520_202152.jpg

His Secret France book is one of the few that I refer to more than others.
Yep, him and the legend that is the ex RTR officer, the few cooker books I regularly turn to, well actually Stein's Venice to Istanbul as well.