Tonight I cooked..........

I've had a microwave for about 25 years and the only use I've found for it is reheating my cups of coffee or defrosting frozen meat if I forgot to get it out of the freezer. Other than that it's an expensive kitchen ornament.
**** off! You found yours!

I've had a microwave for about 25 years and the only use I've found for it is reheating my cups of coffee or defrosting frozen meat if I forgot to get it out of the freezer. Other than that it's an expensive kitchen ornament.
I'd rather have a fresh coffee.
I make yuge pans of stew, curry& soup & freeze individual portions.
I can then nuke one when I want it.

@Oddbod Today I've had a length of Oddbod' sausage!
20151220_112407.jpg

20151220_114019.jpg

20151220_114951.jpg

All I can say is it was excellent, very firm, meaty and moist, it made a fantastic brunch this morning :D

How about full power for 75 seconds?
What you don't want is to get the water boiling, that would spoil the smooth finish that I get.

@Oddbod - how much did your sausage rig ( no laughing in the cheap seats please ) cost ? always fancied having a go myself.

Had noodles for lunch. Have a chicken that been boiled with salt, pepper, 5 spice powder and spring onions. Idiot here forgot to add ginger though - doh! - This will be patted dry and then roasted to crisp up the skin. The stock will be used to make chicken rice. That is just substituting the stock for water when cooking rice. Will report back if it was good for me or the foxes.

@Oddbod - how much did your sausage rig ( no laughing in the cheap seats please ) cost ? always fancied having a go myself.

Had noodles for lunch. Have a chicken that been boiled with salt, pepper, 5 spice powder and spring onions. Idiot here forgot to add ginger though - doh! - This will be patted dry and then roasted to crisp up the skin. The stock will be used to make chicken rice. That is just substituting the stock for water when cooking rice. Will report back if it was good for me or the foxes.
Professional hand grinder & plates was $160 as I bought it in the US.
Sausage stuffer was £139 but there are smaller ones available for a fair bit less. Some though are utter crap.
It's quite doable if you have a Kenwood mixer that takes the relevant attachments but I didn't want powered things.
There's loads of "how to" material on the 'net, with the main theme being keeping stuff cold & clean due to the potential for nasties to grow.

Home made pot noodle, by way of a late luncheon, as I had to go out earlier:

IMG_0004.JPG

I made it by dissolving a chicken stock cube in boiling water, then turning the heat down, and adding fish sauce, garlic, ginger, chilli, sugar and lime juice. Stirred, then added prawns, noodles, spring onion, mushrooms, red pepper, and spinach. Left it for 5 minutes, chucked some coriander on, and it's ready.

Really fresh, clean taste, and it used up stuff I had in the fridge and cupboard. Based on a Haste Kitchen recipe.

Cor, not even a korma or chow mein ?
If we go out or get a takeaway she will eat fairly warm stuff, but not homemade, odd things women.
Give an example, tonight she is doing pork shoulder steaks in the slow cooker. I can already smell that they will be swimming in a sour oniony liquid with some root veg.
Poor pig died in vain.

If we go out or get a takeaway she will eat fairly warm stuff, but not homemade, odd things women.
Give an example, tonight she is doing pork shoulder steaks in the slow cooker. I can already smell that they will be swimming in a sour oniony liquid with some root veg.
Poor pig died in vain.
quick, chuck in some prunes or can of apricots !